Any guitar players?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Music is my first love. I play guitar and mandolin. I tend to only play acoustics these days but do record with electrics.
My electrics are:
Ernie ball music man sillouette - the best of gibson and fender all in one (IMHO)
Yamaha pacifica converted into a fretless - love it
A hand made (by me) re-modelled telecaster copy
Acoustics:
McIlroy A30 - the material possession I love like it was a person and the finest guitar I've played :D:D:D
An ovation copy by celebrity (cracking guitar for the money)
A Martin backpacker
Bass:
Yamaha fretless

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Used to have a gorgeous Telecaster Thinline when playing in bands, and just play acoustic now - a Yamaha; lovely sounding guitar.

It's perfect for noodling along to Muddy Waters, RL burnside and Alvin Youngblood Hart.

As for influences, For me it's the simplicity of Peter Green, Paul Kossoff, Alvin YBH and Adam Jones from the mighty Tool.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Music is my first love. I play guitar and mandolin. I tend to only play acoustics these days but do record with electrics.
My electrics are:
Ernie ball music man sillouette - the best of gibson and fender all in one (IMHO)
Yamaha pacifica converted into a fretless - love it
A hand made (by me) re-modelled telecaster copy
Acoustics:
McIlroy A30 - the material possession I love like it was a person and the finest guitar I've played :D:D:D
An ovation copy by celebrity (cracking guitar for the money)
A Martin backpacker
Bass:
Yamaha fretless

Whats your Mando though? i took up the mando a little while ago and found it rather quick to pick up.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Whats your Mando though? i took up the mando a little while ago and found it rather quick to pick up.

My mando is a 'yoshi'. The story is apparently that the main dude in Ibanez used to make his own stuff and named it after himself. I hope it's true cause it's a lovely story. It's a cracking mando - F5 style and great tone. I played loads of others a while ago when i had a wee bit money and thought I might be able to 'upgrade' - nothing came close and that was playing instruments WAY out of my price range.
What mando do you play mate?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE