Any bush babes out there or is it just me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
Have spent far too long the last week or so visiting this site, but can't help thinking it seems a bit of a male dominated community. Are there many female members here/do many of you have partners who are also interested?

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm no 'bush babe' (love the term though btw) but my wife will Join's me when she can - then again she is a Scout leader ;)

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
My partner is as keen as I am to learn the skills and gain the knowledge. She and I are busily planning this years activities now, including a trip down to the members meet in March.

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Bushbabes? Like this one? (no it's not a filthy picture)
http://www.fugly.com/media/download.php?cat=IMAGES&id=1123&sort=&order=&rating=&per_page= :lmao:

My wife's love of nature does not extend much beyond a bunch of flowers in a vase... And she loathes everything with more than two legs. Come to think of it I begin to wonder why she married me, she must have noticed at some point that I studied biology... :eek:

But seriously, the bias is a bit strange, maybe it's because males are more prone to be attracted by shiny sharp things & playing with fire...

Tom

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
Do you mean there is truth in the 'me hunt it, you cook it' thing? Surely not! LOL at your alternative bush babe picture! :lmao:

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi Charley,
Glad to have you around. We need more of a Gender balance around here!
in answer to your question, I'm not a bush babe myself, nor lucky enough to have a better half who enjoys sleeping out either. It makes life a delicate balance!

I think a lot of women are frustrated by the blokes hogging the fire and constantly buying toys, so well done you on staying patient with us.... :35:

In terms of lady members, one who springs to mind as a Font of All Useful Knowledge and All Round Good Egg is Toddy :notworthy , who I'm sure will introduce herself.

Stand up and be counted Toddy :You_Rock_

Anyway, make yourself at home and please share your experiences,

Cheers,
Neil

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
My other half is spending more time than myself out at the moment, although I'm hoping to change that come the summer.... I don't think I'll be the most popular of people when she still has to work and I get 6 weeks off.... ho hum...

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
My wife spends a lot of time under canvas in all weathers. There are plenty of woman out there just few waste their time in front of a pc.

We do need more female members on here. Its always better to get a more balanced view point

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
My lovely lady is also more than happy to sleep out (in the summer ;)) so will probably be at some of the summer meets.

But again she isn't an active member on here. So the more the better. As wayne said..its nice to get a balanced view point!

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
charley beale said:
Have spent far too long the last week or so visiting this site, but can't help thinking it seems a bit of a male dominated community. Are there many female members here/do many of you have partners who are also interested?

Proberly not so best get a DVD of the 60's films "2000 BC" and "SHE". Plenty of suitably bushcraft attired chicks there to the keep you going for weeks! :lmao:

K

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We've got a fair number of them on here, in the hundreds probably. Some fo them post quite regularly but you'd not know they were female because of the usernames.

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I wish there were more women on here - keeps it from being too much of a "BlokeCraft UK". However, most women are far too sensible and don't bother using the internet in quite the same way as men.

However, my wife does find it handy that I do spent time on here, so I can do any necessary research etc for our next adventure.

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
KLENCHBLAIZE said:
Proberly not so best get a DVD of the 60's films "2000 BC" and "SHE". Plenty of suitably bushcraft attired chicks there to the keep you going for weeks! :lmao:

K

No need for DVD for bushcraft attired chicks being as i am one and need only look in mirror!!

Based on posts it seems bushbabes v thin on the ground, girls seriously underrepresented. Damn i will just have to post more often to make up for it. ;)

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Hi Charley,

There's me, and Toddy...then I run out a bit on names.

We are seriously under represented here, but I guess when you put together the fact anyone on here probably likes computers (else how did they end up on an internet forum?!) as well as liking roughing it and playing with knives and fire...I kind of expected to be in a minority really.

:)

However, my whole family like bushcraft, and 5 out of the 6 of us are girls, so we're doing our best to redress the balance!!

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
My better 1/2 is more than happy to sleep out all year round, though she does insist on a bit of comfort in winter. She has read a few posts on here, but she hasn't really shown a great deal of interest in bushcrafty techniques, though she does own a knife now after I got her a knife for christmas.

Andrew

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
charley beale said:

Glad to see someone else has spent far too long on the site. :lmao: Thought I'd better register and join you as it does seem to be all blokes out there. I know guys, you just have more time to spend staring at a computer than your other half.

Charley we'll just have to post lots to make it look like we're everywhere. ;)

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi Silvergirl - Welcome to you too! I notice you're based in Angus. I used to live there till I got stuck Dahn Sahf.... Miss the place - it was good to get back over Xmas (not the bus service though. It's hard to miss, there are so few!)

Why not start a thread yourself and introduce yourself? Perhaps a few ideas where you've found up there that are worth a visit. I'm afraid the furthest I got to exploring was a few wanders around Auchterhouse and into Dronley Wood.

Cheers,
Neil

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Welcome to the forum Silvergirl and Charley. :)
There are a fair proportion of us on bcuk, Karen, Kath, Feryl Sheryl, Cyclingrelf, Kirruth, Outdoorgirl, to name but a very few.
It's easy for me to nip in and out of the site, I'm on broadband and the computer is just left running. If I'm sewing or if I'm writing or working on notes it's just right next to my desk, and I usually have three or four different things I'm doing at once anyway. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy......who's having an excellent day. It's crisp and sunny here, I've been out tidying up along the burnside and in the garden, found a stash of willowbark I'd forgotten, watched the thrush hammering open snails on a stone, lots of little birds flirting and pairing up. It's too early to say it's Spring but it feels like it today.
M

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
silvergirl said:
Glad to see someone else has spent far too long on the site. :lmao: Thought I'd better register and join you as it does seem to be all blokes out there. I know guys, you just have more time to spend staring at a computer than your other half.

Charley we'll just have to post lots to make it look like we're everywhere. ;)

Hi Silvergirl! Glad you are here and increasing the female presence. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE