Any bush babes out there or is it just me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
charley beale said:
No need for DVD for bushcraft attired chicks being as i am one and need only look in mirror!!

Based on posts it seems bushbabes v thin on the ground, girls seriously underrepresented. Damn i will just have to post more often to make up for it. ;)

Whoooooops! :buttkick:

Sorry, didn't spot that which is rather worrying! Recommendation still stands though as also plenty of blokes in leopard skin prints!

On a serious point, and at the risk of putting further egg on my face, an interesting new thread in the "Edged Tools" section might be something like: "Preferred Knife Of Lady Bushcrafters". Would make a change from the normal stuff we get far too excited about in that section. But then you might simply say the same ones that blokes use??

Cheers

K

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
QUOTE=BorderReiver]Have a care sir! I was eating when I looked at that. :p :lmao: :lmao:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have warned that the picture wasn't aimed at the fainthearted... :lmao:

Meeting that in the woods would scare me for sure... :eek:

Tom

PS Girls, don't stick your heads out too much, as soon as there are 12 bushbabes around, the guys shall demand that a calendar be made too hang in their debris shelters... ;)

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
KLENCHBLAIZE said:
Whoooooops! :buttkick:

Sorry, didn't spot that which is rather worrying! Recommendation still stands though as also plenty of blokes in leopard skin prints!

On a serious point, and at the risk of putting further egg on my face, an interesting new thread in the "Edged Tools" section might be something like: "Preferred Knife Of Lady Bushcrafters". Would make a change from the normal stuff we get far too excited about in that section. But then you might simply say the same ones that blokes use??

Cheers

K

Thanks for recommendation, imagining film full of tarzan types (i am too young to remember SHE or the other one!)

Re knives, all the general points apply as for blokes but only having little hands means smaller blades/handles are much better.

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
Galemys said:
QUOTE=BorderReiver]Have a care sir! I was eating when I looked at that. :p :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, I should have warned that the picture wasn't aimed at the fainthearted... :lmao:

Meeting that in the woods would scare me for sure... :eek:

Tom

PS Girls, don't stick your heads out too much, as soon as there are 12 bushbabes around, the guys shall demand that a calendar be made too hang in their debris shelters... ;)[/QUOTE]

Think calendar excellent idea - are you volunteering to be Mr July??

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Looking for a bush babe: 20-26 yrs, 170-185cm, blonde, blue eyes, in possession of own kit (& wood), somewhere in NL or the UK. (or Scandinavia :red: ) - Me: 193cm, 75 kg, brown / greenish eyes, brownish hair, own kit - no woods, pic: somewhere on that thread with member piccies.
Please PM

:D :p ;) :lmao:

Galemys said:
PS Girls, don't stick your heads out too much, as soon as there are 12 bushbabes around, the guys shall demand that a calendar be made too hang in their debris shelters... ;)

Nice idea!! I like that - could be sold in BCUK The Shop :lmao:
We're on 9 already :p

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
Wayne said:
My wife spends a lot of time under canvas in all weathers. There are plenty of woman out there just few waste their time in front of a pc.

:lmao:

That's true here too, my partner works a lot doing interpretation stuff with kids out in the woods, and is more than happy outside, in fact, as it's part of her job she gets to spend ages more time outside that I do ...

... but as for spending time on the internet, nah, not really very interested.

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
silvergirl said:
I know guys, you just have more time to spend staring at a computer than your other half.

Sorry, do you mean more time to stare at the screen than time staring at the other half? I wasn't quite sure...

YES, it is quite true i waste most of my spare time staring at computer screens...too difficult to deny really.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Welcome to all the ladies! Bushcraft is for everyone to enjoy and I admire anyone, any gender that participates!
Now, if I could only find a local "Bushbabe", life would be perfect and all my time would be spent in the wild enjoying every moment!!
Any of you Bushmen that have a Bushbabe must be some happy campers!! :) Cheers!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My lass has the name of "bushbaby" on another forum (not that she posts much there either). I think her partcipation in forums is more leaningover my shoulder with a "anything interesting happening today"?

I count myself lucky to have a partner who enjoys camping, bushcraft, shooting, country sports etc. and still manages to be a great cook, feminine and actually just all round fantastic! With a few mates whose partners also participate in our group meets, there does seem to be a trend where the lads enjoy internet sites, chatting about gear and shooting the ****, whereas the girls seem to prefer meeting physically, talking about what they have done rather than what they plan to do etc.

Now what does that mean? No Idea :)

Red

Willowbark

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2005
Stroud, Gloucestershire
Hi there girls
I think there are a fair few of us "bushbabes" about but maybe we just don't talk as much as the lads!! Would be interesting to see which bits of the site each gender finds most interesting. I mean, I like a good knife as much as the next person, but am much more interested in plants than in every detail of the newest whizzy knifesharpening set available.

Willowbark

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Willowbark said:
Hi there girls
I like a good knife as much as the next person, but am much more interested in plants than in every detail of the newest whizzy knifesharpening set available.

Willowbark

I have long accepted that most chicks are infinitely more sensible and focused than us blokes and this comment just goes to prove the point. I once took a young lady stalking and she spent more time looking at ground-level flora than ahead to where a roe buck might be lurking. I was not at all put out by this but rather envious of her clear love and interest for ALL aspects of the environment. She also actaully took notice of what she was being told when learning to shoot - something that seems impossible for blokes!!

Cheers

K

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
oh no, another one, well i,m off to join a fem/hygiene, birthing,, dieting, shopping, PMT or cellulite avoidance forum and see how they like it :)

welcome,
ship :rolleyes:

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
Ahjno said:
Looking for a bush babe: 20-26 yrs, 170-185cm, blonde, blue eyes, in possession of own kit (& wood), somewhere in NL or the UK. (or Scandinavia :red: ) - Me: 193cm, 75 kg, brown / greenish eyes, brownish hair, own kit - no woods, pic: somewhere on that thread with member piccies.
Please PM

:D :p ;) :lmao:

Nice idea!! I like that - could be sold in BCUK The Shop :lmao:
We're on 9 already :p
Hey let me know how you get on! Maybe I'll join in the search for a lovely cave woman here, I'd love someone to share my wanderings with! :lmao:

Emma

Forager
Nov 29, 2004
Hampshire/Sussex
I refuse to be referred to as a "bushbabe"!

But I am a girl.

Anyway, does it really matter if there aren't many ladies on BCUK? So long as there are some out there doing stuff (which there evidently are) then I don't think there's anything wrong. Just take everyone here to be people, because they've all got great advice to give and gender doesn't really matter in bushcraft.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Just take everyone here to be people, because they've all got great advice to give and gender doesn't really matter in bushcraft.
Well said Emma. Gender shouldn't really come into it at all. My grounding in bushcraft as a young child came from both my mother and my grandmother, and as you say, everyone has something to contribtue regardless of gender.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE