an old bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
033.jpg

comes with disintergrating felt cover.

anyone know what it is?

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
It looks like a 37 pattern, but it could be older as Jock says.

Andybysea used to do WWII re-enacting he'd definitely know.

Liam

Last edited:

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi Tengu...by the look of the buckles on the web carrier i would say it's British Pattern -37 used during ww2 and post war right up to the issue of P-58 webbing and then some years after that...as i collect British ww2 kit i have afew new carriers and new bottles...were did you find it ? looks pretty beat up....vince g. 11B Inf...

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Defo ww2 37 patt,as johnboy said ww1 were blue enamel and the fittings for 08 pattern webbing used in ww1 were a differant size,whats the enamel like inside the bottle? not worth much if owt really you can still get mint condition ones quite cheap used up until 70's and cadets used them till much later,i got rid of 4 when i gave up re enactment some with the tube type carrier refered to as the airborne carrier,i had one with brass clips rather than brass buckles but dont know what that was issued for or why.

you may(a big may, be able to see a ink stamp date on the carrier somewhere unless its worn away as its in rather bad condition /|\ and a mark like that war dept mark.)

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
That should make a great restorationobject, Tengu!
Making a new felt cover, add leather straps...
I have a similar one, buth with the airbornecarrier and in a much better shape. I am still wondering to do something like that myself of keep it in its original state...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE