An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Well, clearly strawberries didn't pose much of a problem for the knife, but the task was to slice cleanly without pushing through the flesh

Heres the "action shot"

535768534_6ae6f10e31.jpg

and the finished product

535768536_68a38b7b92.jpg

As you can see - lovely even slices, no tearing at all. Mango being a firm fleshed fruit was simplicity itself!

Cutting up these acidic things really does add marks and stains (call it patina if you want to be posh) to the blade

Not a great photo but its certainly no "showpiece" now :eek:

535768532_c0af0ffa36.jpg

Red

Ah,that's better.:D

Well, if you want one that bad woodwalker, you can always ask stu for one to fill that hole :)

I'm not going to a group buy on the PFKs but I'm happy for anyone who really wants one to talk to stu - they can keep theirs all polished and shiny :D

Red

Yeah it was just a joke really - I love that knife and I hope you work it hard. Unfortunately in reality the RPFK void is fictional and I couldn't really justify the expense. I'll jsut have to make do with the pics in this thread:D

woodwalker

oh and I know you don't do much battoning because there's always an axe to hand, but have you tried it anyway, just as a test?

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I've had enough!!! I'm getting a knife made by Stu. Just have to earn some money in july.
Thanks Red for pushing me over the edge (no pun intended) :D

btw: I'm very excited!

Michiel

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sorry stu - you'll have to be patient. Console yourself in the knowledge that others will be practicising their knife skills next week.

Red

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
stu - you'll have to be patient. Console yourself in the knowledge that others will be practicising their knife skills next week.

Red

Best wishes for that, just remember it's considered bad form to use your own knife to shave the affected areas ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:D

Spoilsport Glen - as precise as it is, I suspect they had better use their own. Anyway Jon would want to make it part of the challenge and come after me with that convex chisel!

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Not sure what you'll think of this then Red.

There are reasons I'll go into later for the shape and extended finger guard as well as everything else. I'll send it to Stu and seek his advice, it's bound to change totally as it's me, note the hand drawing and imperial from the new generation design teacher :lmao:

Picture056.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE