An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Here yah go - as you can see its well "broken in" now :)

Silver wants a polish but it'll get done when it needs a sharpen!

2970342718_ac2be28753_o.jpg

Red

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
Na its not its horrible!,don,t like the steel,the wood,the bolsters,the shape of the blade or the shape of the handle and won,t even mention the sheath!,yuk!do like the little curly bits of wood though:rolleyes: :nana: :drive: :notworthy :lmao: :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now that's pretty - althogh the lines are the same, the damascus and sambar gives a different look.

Nice to see you back old friend

ooo nice

different bolster lines and is the handle differnt on profile or just more shaped

is that stainless damascus ???
Im also a sucker for Silver not Brass hardware

makes me think even more that my ideal knife is PFKesk
might have to have it remade in Damascus when i get the 01 home made version right least it wont have and file marks then :lmao:

just need a Damascus double bit cruiser Axe to match :puppy_dog

ATB

Duncan

Cheers

Ive shaped a PFK blank now fairly close so far to the original but out of 4mm :eek:
my intention is to change the shape when in hand etc however it seems difficult even at this stage to find a change :rolleyes: the hump will probably be smoothed of :D

it wll be however thicker and thinner than the original ;) and ive been looking at grind profiles on my Auto CAD for a composite (or as you would say B'stad) scandi grind:eek: :eek:
based on 25deg
Well i can draw it :lmao: dunno about grinding it if it works i might get stu do do a proper jobby (eventually)
any body got any Rowan wood suitable for handles ??

ATB

Duncan

thanks for the offer
But i named my kids Holly (as many know im still making her small knife :rolleyes:)
and the latest now 4mths old is a boy Rowan so id like to fit the handle with Holly on one side and Rowan on the other tho i have no idea if Rowan is suitable at all and i expect i will have to cut and dry a piece as i am with the Holly for the smaller knife (only dried and had split 2 sets so far :aargh4:.

if its really really not suitable i might try inlaying a portion into a better main slab material

just an idea so far
I was never bothered about the knife i wanted and Function was paramount but after re reading this thread ive a few ideas i want to do that are purely Form and looks based on my 2 kids :rolleyes: and something i would have to get made as apposed to do myself Ho Humm .....:lmao:

ATB

Duncan

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
thanks for the offer
But i named my kids Holly (as many know im still making her small knife :rolleyes:)
and the latest now 4mths old is a boy Rowan so id like to fit the handle with Holly on one side and Rowan on the other tho i have no idea if Rowan is suitable at all and i expect i will have to cut and dry a piece as i am with the Holly for the smaller knife (only dried and had split 2 sets so far

ATB

Duncan

Ever thought of renaming you kids to a more suitable wood?

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Hey up all, thanks for the kind words, it is appreciated, in answer to a few questions...

Yep, it is indeed stainless Damasteel, the pattern is 'Vinland' which is a random one and easily one of my favourites...

The profile is just about bang on to the original PFK, the nickel silver bolster has been pulled back a little though, making it narrower, it is amazing how jut a few mm's makes such an difference aesthetically...

Yes, it is commissioned, I have little time to get to any other than commissioned work these days, I s'pose that is a good thing, isn't it :rolleyes:

Cheers Red :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE