An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Weaver,

I'd love to have them (please)! I only posted the pictures to ensure not too many people were inconvenienced :eek:

Having seen your woodwork, it would be an honour indeed!

Red

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I’m with you on this, people want the best and are for the most part willing to pay for it, sadly people are rarely willing to wait for it.
Perfection takes time, and money, but less so the money as you can see from the ebay-woodlore phenomenon.
Some people are willing to pay twice what they would have to pay for the knife were they just willing to wait a year. Making a custom knife is all about skill and being patient, oh and the ability to explain what you really want.
I’m sure that from the free-form crayoning to the finished article, as much “skull sweat” has gone into the design, as physical sweat. The blade looks a fantastic shape, although the handle wood is not to my taste it looks like a real ‘user’
Should I every win the lotto I’ll pay off all my debts and I’ll be badgering Stu to make me a custom camp knife.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm sure you wont be disappointed Tadpole (oh, I think if I win first he will be busy for a while though - as will Cegga).

Now I have to ask a question now...

The scales. You don't like them? Really? Don't get me wrong, its entirely a personal taste thing and you are absolutely entitled not to like them, but I am totally intrigued as to what you would prefer! I'd love to see a picture of your favourite scale material just so to grasp the difference in taste. I can completely buy people having totally different tastes so I'm just intrigued!

Red

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
British Red said:
Now I have to ask a question now...

The scales. You don't like them? Really? Don't get me wrong, its entirely a personal taste thing and you are absolutely entitled not to like them, but I am totally intrigued as to what you would prefer! I'd love to see a picture of your favourite scale material just so to grasp the difference in taste. I can completely buy people having totally different tastes so I'm just intrigued!

Red
Your knife is a perfect shape.
I saw the perfect handle colour on this very board, here
the warmth, the colour, the tactility of the grain. Silver bolster and silver and ebony handle butt. It would be a dream to have such a thing of beauty (where it the drool icon?)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aaah interesting!

I suspect thats thuja burl (although I could well be wrong) ?

Our own Shinken just handled a small skinner for BB (my lass) in the same wood if it is - a grand choice!

Ebony is a lovely wood - I can see how it would work with sliver too. I must confess I prefer burls and more figured woods but it would work beautifully on this knife.

Well, never say never mate - as I said, it costs less than you might think. I'm half tempted to put a (very limited, one off) group buy together!

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Cummon Red! - its been over a week and we haven't had any further updates!

Now don't get me wrong It is a work of art but i'm sure you said there is more to come! ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stu is hoping it'll be done before the weekend mate ;)

However keen you are - trust me you aren't as impatient as me :D

Could be tomorrow!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, I've just heard from Stu, its nearly done! I bet you had forgotten about this thread huh?

Sadly the guy doing the last process was unwell so its taken a little longer than anticipated - well they say good things come to those who wait :)

You should get some pictures of the finished item in a day or two. In the mean while I would like to thank Chas Brookes, Weaver and Bushwacker Bob who have all turned, carved and otherwise fettled some fantastic wooden acorns to grace the lanyard

520448010_4a773349be.jpg

Clearly I have more than I will need on the finished knife - however the rest will go to my axes so I am doubly blessed

Thanks Guys!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE