An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'm not really sure what to say here, every one else has pretty much said it already.

If I ever get the money to have a personal knife made to that standard I know who I'm gonna be talking to ;)

Stuart and Red, you must both be incredibly proud.

Excellent work all round :D

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
That looks damn fine. All the bling aside, I'm looking forward to your fieldtest report, though not, perhaps, as much as you:) .

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Jon,

Don't think I wasn't tempted - I may well go out to meet the postie in the morning though :)

Oh and Stu bawlhicks - I crayoned - you built. Many schoolboys crayon fantasy cars - few are ever luck enough to have the real craftsmen take over and see something in the flesh.

The only thing I can improve is some photos of the engraving - I can imagine its a pig to get against the silver though - I may have a try tomorrow (when I've finished cuddling it)

Red

I've a question... I hope you don't mind.
Is it going to be a 'draw queen' or a user? I know it's built of the best, by the best, but taking that stunning knife out in the dirty wet muddy stuff seems almost heartbreaking, and as for the stroping/sharpening:eek: , I'd be a feared to mark it on the stone.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tadpole,

Someone else asked me that. Think of it like a Purdey Shotgun. Would you leave it in the cabinet or go and shoot it?

It'll be bevel deep in wood by the weekend!

Red

Tadpole,

Someone else asked me that. Think of it like a Purdey Shotgun. Would you leave it in the cabinet or go and shoot it?

It'll be bevel deep in wood by the weekend!

Red

Tonight lock the Axes away
cos the Postie is in for a shock if he aint got a package for you :D

then you best cut your self with it and Dink it then when thats out the way use as normal for the next 40 + yrs :D :D

ATB

Duncan

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Gentlemen (& Ladies)

If you would like such a thing as a BR / SM collaboration for a group buy knife, Tony has indicated that such a thing would not be frowned upon. It wouldn't be the PFK since its so highly individualised to me. But I'm certain we would offer something of a similar quality. Given the effort involved in such a thing, it would have to be offered on a very limited numbers basis though. Would anyone buy such a thing though?

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Gentlemen (& Ladies)

If you would like such a thing as a BR / SM collaboration for a group buy knife, Tony has indicated that such a thing would not be frowned upon. It wouldn't be the PFK since its so highly individualised to me. But I'm certain we would offer something of a similar quality. Given the effort involved in such a thing, it would have to be offered on a very limited numbers basis though. Would anyone buy such a thing though?

Red

YES!!!!!!!!!

In 12c27 for me please.

I have a Cegg / Red axe and I have Stu stuff. I can't imagine design or true craftmanship ebing better seen through.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I wouldn't Red.... If I was gonna spend a lot of money on a knife, it would be like you did, to your own design. I would have fun designing it myself, thinking about all the uses it would put to and the patterning etc put on it, scales made from a wood special to me, etc...

Gailainne

Life Member
I understand where Jon is coming from, but like Axes I dont know enough about knifes to know what I like, dislike about them yet.

Until I gain that knowledge I'm happy to listen to advise from people like Red and others on this site.

In this instance I can see exactly where Red is coming from, whether I will enjoy his design as much as he will is doubtful, whether I learn from it is certain.

That alone is worth the price in my eyes.

Yes definately I would be interested, would it be a copy tho ? or would it be possible to change the engravings but keep (obviously) the British Red logo ? However a point I'm not a fan of large engravings on the blade, so a mini Red and Stuart M logo would be prefered, no offence, as I would in any case be singing its praises to all who would listen.

Stephen

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stephen,

If we bring this off, I wouldn't plan to out my large logo on it in the same way the BR Hunter carries only Ceggas logo. It would be an entirely different design - nothing like the PFK at all in fact - that was my knife - a BCUK knife should be something uniquely Bushcrafty. I have a few thoughts in mind I have been kicking about with Stu and have bounced the principal at least off Tony.

How would people feel about, rather than having my name or logo on it, or a "1 of n" edition having the BCUK logo and their own name or screen name engraved?

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE