An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
British Red said:
Aaah but you've only seen the "rushes" Fred - its not finished yet :D

Glad you like it guys - who said "Craftsmanship is dead"?

Red

Sorry, but I don't think that I will be able to stand the finished product .... better wait to watch it when I'm at home, this way if I fall off my chair, the boss won't know it :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nope, not a topknot (or an Eric)

Does need a lanyard with an acorn though.......(hint hint Mr Sean sir, hint hint hint)

:D

Red

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Really is a thing of beauty. My family are now starting to worry as I drool over pictures like this. Weird thing is I've started to feel guilty!!!!! I've even had another tab open on binoculars or something innocent so I can quickly change the picture on the screen and not get caught peeking at knives.

Is their a name for this illness?????

Great Knife and Sheath.Brilliant craftsmanship, green with envy over owner and makers.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
:Wow:

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it

If I keep telling myself this then I can resist the urge, I know I can, really... I will

Oh, it's so, so good :You_Rock_

Nice one guys.

I think we need a new emoticon. Drooling :p

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
C'mon Red - give it up dude. Please tell all. I have to say that the craftsmanship I've seen on this thread is stunning. One thing that did jump out was the difference of the tip of the blade from design to realisation. Can anyone pass word on that?

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
British Red said:
Nope - guess again!
I dont think its Rapidboy as lawrence uses 'D' rings on his danglers :yikes:
It could be Shinken but I have never seen him toolwork a sheath.
I give up.Its a masterpiece,but those aren't my initials.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okat Matt,

The leatherworker is a bloke I don't know as it happens - a chap that stu uses (not a member here as far as I know). He sent me some piccs of his work and my reaction was the same of yours - "Wow".

I've wanted to leave the management of this in the hands of stu so, although he asked me if I wanted to use singteck or topknot (since stu knows I love their work) and I must say I was really tempted, it felt like "breaking faith" with stu so I trusted him to use the right people to bring the project off. I have to say he has picked a winner.

There are as you say two subtle differences from the drawing. One is the tip. The reason is that I can't draw! I always wanted a full spear point dropped to the centre line of the blade. It wasn't centred in the drawing and stu corrected it in the steel.
The other is that the bolster is wider than was drawn. Again, a conscious choice. The reasons for that though are still under wraps - all will become clear when the fifth and final craftsman completes the project

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE