Amsteel Workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
That's a bit ambiguous Tony, for those not in the know. I take it you mean a workshop showing how to make whoopie slings for hammock suspension from Dyneema rope, also known as Amsteel Blue.
Would that be a correct assumption on my part?

Eric

Gailainne

Life Member
Tony

I've made a few whoopie slings, as well as soft shackles and other bits and pieces, and have rolls of various gauge fishing leaders to make splicing tools, but don't know about a workshop. If I decide to come this year, which is probably :), I'd be happy to show individuals. I'll have a think and practise and get back to you :)

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Tony

I've made a few whoopie slings, as well as soft shackles and other bits and pieces, and have rolls of various gauge fishing leaders to make splicing tools, but don't know about a workshop. If I decide to come this year, which is probably :), I'd be happy to show individuals. I'll have a think and practise and get back to you :)

If you show me how you do yours, I'd be happy to pass it on workshop style.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yes please would love a workshop on whoopee slings great idea tony regards dave

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Been making them for a while now, both whoopie slings and shackles.

Learnt some different techniques from the guy who delivered it last year.

So I for one will be looking to attend this class. All knew ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

George

resnikov

Open invite to who ever runs the workshop:

I ran the workshop at the last moot and used the core of CAT5 network cables to pull through the strands. Do you want any of these cables as I have about 1KM :eek: of cat5 in the garage. Cannot make it to the moot myself this year, gutted but there is always next year.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I have plenty of cat5 too. also made up some stiff needles using brass tube and guitar stings. work even better than cat 5 for some applications. Learnt a new technique as well where you dont have to pull the whole length though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE