ammo box forge.....DONE!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sorry no pics today but will be doing a whole thread 2moz with forge new anvil and working some blades........

just had to tell you all, IVE FINISHED.........WHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damascus next month me thinks........

i used a mortar ammo tin and 1 mitre of 50mm refractory matting (this was loads by the way) scrounged some pipe for free in total it cost £28.50 for the matting, the rest i had or was given, my anvil is a thick long section of I beam, that cost £5.......

not bad i dont think......

as i say some pics 2moz...........WHOOOOOOOO PIC'S

chris.....:)

hope you like the pic's

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff Chris, look forward to seeing it.
Ive just pimped an old hand cranked forge thats having a workout soon.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
hmmmm

can i come and play mate?

i,ll bring some coke and some steel up one of the days,...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
well stu, the bloke next door wont like that AGAIN after today....lol....... you can however come with me to work as i have an area there we can use one weekend, its out of the way and noise is no problem, so errrrrrm, ye ok mate.....lol......

just about to load my pics up to this thread too.......

chris............

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Love it mate, looks really tidy.

Does it pack down well so you can bring it to the next meet?

Also I assume you "acquired" the ammo box? Ive been after one for ages but all the shops charge crazy prices around here

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
no not really the ammo box stays as it is, and the gas bottle on top of that, it is light though and can be moved very easy, the anvil however is about 50-60 kg so not so easy but could be done......

i have a small ammo box you can have for nout if you want 1, not very big but would make a good little stove for the tent etc.....

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i just need to grab one from work mate, then when your down this way just give me a bell and you can stop in, or i will stop off if im up your way mate.....

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
oooooooohhh, set of 4 for £4.99 from Yorkshire Traiding (no links to the shop or nout) they are low cost steel for the moment.........lol:)

they should also stand up to a good beating as the steel will have some silicon in the mix.........

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
That looks great, any more info on how you made it or how it works ?
Good work on the blades and beating on a bevel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE