Almost lost my Mora Clipper....twice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
KydNeset1.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
As to losing your knife...how?
Mine is either on my belt or in my pocket in its sheath or in my hand being used....... confused and bewildered...dont tell me people leave sharps lieing around when they are not in use! shock - horror!

When it's covered in squid guts it's going nowhere near my pocket :p

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i've had a few close calls with the sheath for one of my knifes, its very old brown leather so when you put it on the ground in the woods its almost instantly invisible. i wouldnt have this problem if i put it on my belt instead of keeping the knife in my pocket, but im the kind of person who's likely to forget its on there and walk through town on my way home with a knife on my belt, which probably wouldnt end well. i've just got a new mora and thats black, not as easy to lose during the day but will probs be a nightmare during the night.

TJ

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Interesting thread this and is exactly the reason why I laugh when I see cammoflaged torches, wallets and zippos lighters for sale.

A coulpe of years ago my step dad bought me 12 arrows for christmas, they're fibreglass cheapy ones but good enough for what I wanted to do with them. So I looked at these lovely new and very black arrows and figured, at worst I'd get to shoot each of them once and that would be it. They'd be lost forever.(Assuming I missed the target of course)

So I bought some orange flourescent paint and the proper undercoat. So now they're eye-smartingly bright orange and I have fired them a lot more than once each. Later I found a roll of tape that works like car number plates and really lights up when a torch beam hits it, which is just as well as I was target practicing in the valley opposte me and lost an arrow, somehow, despite the oragne day glo. Waited a bit until it got to dusk and went back with a torch and found it easy peasy The inch band near the fletching lit up like a beacon, which was the ony thing sticking out of the undergrowth.

Good lesson for all to learn making your valuables less likly to get lost by making them visible.

Made me wince reading in this thread about what's been lost by members. Can't be easy not spending time regretting it either.

Thanks for the warning.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I lost a AW Woodlore over the Brecons a few years back. It was in the neck sheath on a baldrick. Never noticed it had fallen out. It was around the same time that I joined these forums and was amused to find out that Rapidboy had lost his WS Woodlore at the same time.

did i loose a Woodlore ?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Does anyone else think it was a bad idea to buy a predominantly green knife (Mora Clipper)? Almost lost the bloody thing twice, while camping at the weekend:togo:. ...

The woods of Eridge are littered with green clippers lost by students on the Woodlore Fundamental courses. 3 were lost by folks on my course :rolleyes:

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I managed to lose a leatherman juice (one of the bright purple ones) in a car park. How did I manage that? &^%$%$

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I hang my knife up in camp so its safe enough tend not to carry a large blade on me, just a leatherman.

I did loose a Buck folder at one camp than about a year later went back to the same place, sat down and there at my feet was the lost knife. Covered in muck but cleaned up and is as good as new.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
ahhh very clever!!! appreciate the post but i only paid 7 quid for the knife.... its far too much for a sheath.... i will just think of a solution one day....

Take about 2" (50mm) of cord and tie into as large a loop as you can with a reef knot or a sheetbend. Put the knot right up into the belt-clip. You should be able to just about flip the loop over the end of the knife handle. So long as you remember to flip the retention loop over the handle each time, probem solved :D

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Take about 2" (50mm) of cord and tie into as large a loop as you can with a reef knot or a sheetbend. Put the knot right up into the belt-clip. You should be able to just about flip the loop over the end of the knife handle. So long as you remember to flip the retention loop over the handle each time, probem solved :D

great answer, will attempt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE