Aldi 3 watt LED torch - mini review............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Bought one of these today to see what it was like.

DSCF0399.jpg

Top one with my 15 yr old AA Maglite & LED Lenser P3 for scale.

It came in the usual plastic packaging with two Energizer AA batteries and a black nylon case.

Made especially for Aldi by these guy's......
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=58834308

It boasts a 3 watt CREE LED with two modes steady and flash. It is nicely made and has a solid quality feel to it.

The blub quotes a two run time on constant and four hours on flashing.

The on/off & mode switch is done by rotating the front bezel left or right (center off), I'm not keen on this switch as its not a positive off (it does click) so could accidental turned on.

DSCF0400.jpg

(the marks on the bezel are from the warning labels).

I've waited till it got dark to try it and it works very well. It is a fixed beam (no focus adjust) but works well with a good bright beam.

Here's a photo of it at about 70'.

DSCF0406.jpg

Over all think it's a very good torch for the money, perhaps a little battery thirsty but good all the same for £9.99 and it has a 3 year warranty.

Richard

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks for the quick review Rich, I think I'm going to get a couple to leave in mine and the wife's cars/

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi

I bought one a few weeks ago and had the same reservation about the switch but it's never actually turned on when it shouldn't have, it's held firm in it's holster:cool:

Im wondering about stripping it, cutting a notch and drilling a hole opposite to take a small ball and spring...

Cheers, John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE