advice needed: bivi bag and hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I want to get Ollie (age 11) a hammock and a bivi bag for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations about what to get and where to get them from? Personally, I like my campervan so am clueless about such things :D If anyone has anything surplus in good condition they want to sell or trade for something woody I'm open to offers...

Nicola

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I'd go for a DD too, my 11 yo sleeps great in his. The hunka is a better idea than a green surplus one as they are huge, the hunka is that little bit smaller.

Cheers

Alan

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I agree with Addo on the hammock,I bought my son the travel hammock(with the mossie net) and he loves it,he is also 11.
I don't understand why you want a bivi bag unless it's to use it when sleeping on the ground,as you dont really need it in a hammock .It will act as an extra insulating layer but the tarp should keep the rain off the hammock.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Yes, the bivi bag is for sleeping on the ground. Robin has one and Ollie would like one too so they can go sleep out up on the moors together. The hammock's because he reckons the new log shed would be a cool place to spend the night ...
IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

Nicola

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`d say the DD Scout would be a good choice for Ollie Nicola, there are plenty of folk on here with good things to say about their hammocks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE