Advice about eBay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Sorry this is completely off topic, but any advice is appreciated.

I bought a number of courier deliveries via eBay, costing £80 (18 in total). It was a buy it now, and choose quantity.

The courier arrived promptly, but took over a week to deliver 1 item, the rest were returned to me.

The ebayer will not answer phone calls nor emails that have been sent on my behalf.

I've started a paypal refund, but the initial response is that an item has been delivered.

Should I pursue this with PayPal? I've already bit the bullet and paid for postage again via royal mail, and am now massively out of pocket.

Steve

touched by nature

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
yes paypal should cover you but I'd look to ebay for a little more help .
open a dispute asap as if you leave it to late your lose out mate

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I would take it up with both EBay and Paypal, send as much info and receipts as possible to both(screenshots) as proof of the transactions.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good luck Steve, I've been a member on ebay for nearly twelve years, never had a problem until I got messed about on a sale a couple of months ago. They were the most inept bunch of folk I've ever had to deal with, never again.

One thing in your favour is they tend to side with buyer more than sellers.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
My experience is that once it goes wrong (by which I mean someone stealing hundreds of pounds from me via Paypal linked to my EBay account ) they try to blame each other so I thought sod it, close Paypal account and just use EBay when I want to buy something. That s fine until you see that they push most sellers down the Paypal referred route so you is stuffed.
As noted above its all hunky dory till it goes wrong then it's a big effort to get someone to sort it and they never admit who was actually at fault, so I have ended up in a "a plague on both your houses " mindset, which from their point is a loss as I was pretty active, but that's big business ........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE