Amazon & Yodel - a word to the wise

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Oh the joys of HDNL deliveries, cheers for the heads up Mark

They had a good game of tennis with an external hard drive I ordered last Christmas for the in-laws, the box was completely destroyed when it finally got here. I'd have refused to take delivery if I was in but one of the neighbours signed for it. Luckily it still worked okay but the UK 3 pin adapter and USB lead were missing

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
The good old German post office (DHL) were loosing money so it sold parts to Yodel. Yodel laid off driver in Bristol too. What ever happened to the English post office ?

Topknot

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have had problems with Yodel too, they say they can not find a military camp which is easily sign posted and is the size of a small town? every other delivery company can so what's their problem got there Sat Nav link to planet Mars?

even spoke to their customer services department gave them full instructions still no package :(

Last edited:

bearbait

I have had trouble with HDNL in the past but more recently they seem a little better, at least in my area. My recent parcel arrived on the day promised by Amazon. However the driver did remark that he was going to knock off at 1530 and head back from mid-Wales to his Gloucester depot and would deliver any parcels remaining on his van tomorrow! (Presumably along with tomorrow's deliveries too?)

Maybe the service depends on which depot the drivers are out from?

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Also had trouble with Yodel! Ordered books from "the book people" 3/5 days delivery, on day 4 I checked the online tracking system that showed 3 attempts had been made to deliver, but driver was unable to locate address!! I emailed yodel and congratulated them on being the first company in 18years to be unable to locate me. I left my mobile number and said that if their driver was bright enough to be able to locate the village, he could ring me and i would talk him into the address! The next morning a beat up old hire van with two contract drivers turned up and delivered the package without any need for instructions. They claimed they were not the ones that had failed to deliver.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wouldn't touch Yodel with someone elses barge pole.

The can not find my house, when I phone them the complain that SatNav doesn't take the drive to the door.

The depot is the wrong sideo f time adn not open when I can get there.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
+1 on the anti Yodel rant. I ordered some bits from Amazon - some gentian violet I believe it was, which they reported as being delivered on the tracking system, yet they were unable to find my address and returned it to the sender. How is it that everyone else has been finding it for the past 100 years or so then? I can't fault Amazon though - they've been purely polite and professional in all the years that I've been using them.

Sadly everything is getting sold off and/or filled by gammy contractors and/or privatised. Worse yet I think it's almost defineately going to happen to the NHS.

durgapal

Oct 25, 2012
UK
I have the Amazon Prime account and had placed an order (Order #:026-0605479-8959541) on the 20th of October 2012 for next day delivery.

The item was Dispatched on the 23rd of October 2012 for delivery on the 24th of October 2012.

I called the 'Home Delivery Network Limited / Yodel' on the morning of the 24th track and confirm the delivery status. I was assured that the parcel will be delivered on the 24th of October 2012.
Around 16:30 hours on the 24th of October 2012 I called 'Home Delivery Network Limited / Yodel' again to find out what has happened to my packet. The girl at their call centre told me that the parcel is still with the driver and they do deliver until 21:30 to residential addresses.

On the 25th of October at around 09:10 hours I called 'Home Delivery Network Limited / Yodel' again to track my parcel and was told that it is at the Loughborough centre and they do not deliver after 18:00 hours.

I was shocked, as it still showed on their web site that it was out for delivery (Image attached - 2012-10-25_09-16_Cooker.Delivery-1.JPG)

on the 24th of October 2012 The web site showed that it was due for delivery on the day (Image attached - 2012-10-24_Cooker.Delivery-1.JPG)

I pay a premium for the Prime account with Amazon and accept to get my parcels delivered as and when promised. If Amazon is going to use a non competent company like Yodel also knows as 'Home Delivery Network Limited', I wonder if it is worth for anyone using the Amazon Prime and pay a premium if the delivery can not be guaranteed as promised.

I am really not concerned what 'Home Delivery Network Limited / Yodel' does or how they do. The delivery date is a promise from Amazon and I hold Amazon accountable for the mess up.

This is also not the first time Yodel has caused me grief.

In August 2012 I had ordered some hard drives from Amazon that turned out to be defective.
A courier pickup was arranged via the Amazon web site for Yodel to pick up the packet. The packet sat on my desk at home for a week waiting for the incompetent Yodel to pick up the courier from home. I tried to have it rearranged at least three times for them to pick it up but nothing happened.

In the end I had to take the packet to the post office and send it through the reliable Royal Mail.

I suppose you are aware of the fact that I am not the only customer who is having this problem with Yodel. They are a courier company who promise to deliver a parcel and they just can't do that.

All you have to do is to search the following in Google – ‘amazon and yodel’. It will bring up all the problems that people are having with your deliveries.

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/aug/24/amazon-complaints-yodel-delivery-service
2. http://youtu.be/DpWpzIsvdmg
3. …..
4. …..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE