A wombling thread :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmm sounds good, amazing the amount of Scottish folk who slice slabs of butter onto bread so that they leave teeth prints when they bite in. I know it's supposed to be bad for you eating still warm bread but it's one of the joys of making it, though on bought bread I'm still partial to a plain loaf...
:rolleyes:

You are utterly evil :(

I can't eat this bread Gavin's baking but I can thoroughly enjoy the smell, but see thon plain loaf ? Oh, that's just manna. Bread you can get your teeth into with a decent crust both ends. Toasted crisp and buttered and marmited, or toasted and covered in good rich red cheddar and roasted until it's dripping off the sides, or covered in butter and made into fingers to dip into soup, or gravy. A big bowl of stovies and a plain loaf :D :D

Y'can go right off some folk, y'know :rolleyes:

M

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Opps sorry cant download from photobucket again, bascially been with my middle daughter to one of beaches down the road and collected sea glass lots of colours and sizes filled a long glass flower vase with it and its now sat on a table under a corner light. sort of wombling and looks nice,well my wife likes it.

Cracking idea that! I know what I'm doing on the next beach walk!

I wombled an old plow disc from a friends farm. The rusted unused machine was intact baring this one disc so I figured it was clearly meant for me. It will be turned into a small portable forge I reckon.

Andy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I love threads like this... you know the ones where a subject is discussed for the first few posts then it goes off in a nice pleasant way on a tangent that the OP never would have dreamt of. :D

I wombled an old plow disc from a friends farm. The rusted unused machine was intact baring this one disc so I figured it was clearly meant for me. It will be turned into a small portable forge I reckon.

Thanks for getting it back on course Andy :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
50253_375001567020_8100048_n.jpg
Whit, cheesey beans on toasted plain like this Mary... Lucky your heading for the big smoke today - you can go to the Vegetarian 13th Note for one of their veggie bacon rolls.

As an aside roasted rowies with cheese & lea & perrins!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Not quite wombled, but near enough, the wife came home yesterday with two great packs of leather donated by a colleague who had gone on a leather working course about 30 years back but had packed it in. Ok it's not veg tanned but the colours are ok and there's many many square feet of it, 3 or 4 full hides worth I'm guessing. It was just bunged in a cupboard in the way. Very nice!

Im using a small piece of it to make a trial pair of Anglo-Norse shoes before moving on to the good veg tanned stuff.

ATB

Tom

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm told that you can scrub the surface off that stuff. Looks fine for period shoes that are going to be totally trashed in the mud and muck :)

atb,
M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Um, I'll have to try that. In the meantime, knocked these up today to test the pattern before using the veg tan stuff.

image_zpsb9811d7f.jpg

they are too tight to wear with socks on and I need herself to mark where the toggles will be fixed once I'm wearing them but I can now alter the pattern now. Still not bad for a first attempt.

ATB

TOM

Biker

Wombled some big chunks of chipboard today, presumably from a pallet because they're in big 4" x 4" sections. Had about eight 2foot lengths thrown in the back of the car. Good for the woodburner... using chipboard for anything other than burning is a cardinal sin anyway :lmao:

Best womble yet has been a 4 foot length of caste iron 4inch dia drainpipe with a 90 degree turn on the end. This will eventually be fitted to the woodburner in my workshop as the flue pipe... but not this year too many other things on the go.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Nice one Biker!

I had one like that a few years back. A unit was closing down and chucking its huge home made shelving units so we got a van load of chip board, plywood and pine in various sizes. It was used to line my sisters loft and I built a nice work bench with some of what was left.

Andy

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I'm going to steal that one :) We had to cut a panel short to fit in against a wall and I kept the offcuts. I came across them last week in one of the sheds and nearly tossed them out.
Thank you :D

M

My pleasure; sharing the wombling karma is what this is all about :)

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Again with moist, what about moist crumbly lemon drizzle cake? All to do with context in my head. Though I don't like turgid or got!

This reminds me of an episode of the Graham Norton show: :lmao:

[video=youtube;RfTcXprD7R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfTcXprD7R0[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE