Wombling, and resurrecting an old thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
@Disabled Preppers started me down this way. It came up in his thread on cleaning soot off a lamp's glass chimney.

I thought to start a new thread on what folks have wombled recently, but found the old one and thought maybe better just to post a link and use that as the kick starter.

Anyhow ? what have you wombled recently ?
Himself came home three days ago with a carrier bag packed as tight as a drum with a 7 x 7m blue tarp that he found just blowing about in the woods. He said he'd passed it every day for a week and no one had done anything to tidy it up or take it away. So it became part of his litter pick that day.
It's pretty much pristine :D and is going to become a cover for over the working area between the bins and the greenhouse. I don't need cover there all the time, but it's handy having such a big bit to cover up enough to let me do stuff like sanding doors :D or even just working outside when it's drizzling.

Reactions: Dogoak and SaraR

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm a big wombler!
Last month, someone was having guttering renewed, so I wombled a few bits of guttering and downpipe to rig up something for my garden water barrel. Havnt got round to it yet, which is silly as it's been raining all week, but I need to womble a stand of some sort for the new big blue barrel or I won't be able to get a watering can under it.
The tap for it came from a broken brewing barrel that I found during lockdown where some kids had been partying in the woods and left a load of rubbish that I tidied up.
The bottom half of the brewing barrel that was still ok(nice drainage hole where the tap had been, i lined it with an old grow bag over the hole which sorted egress of soil) became a planter, full of carrots, that I gifted to a friend, to start off their patio growing.
I'm wombling any big stones I find to edge my new wildflower bed.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
A large length of steel cable that took a little planning, some cable ties and a great deal of effort. I may make a bridge with it.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE