A smaller one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Hello all,
I have been asked a few times about a smaller knife by people that dont necessarily want or need a knife as big as the others I make, I set about coming up with a design that would suit those with smaller hands but not being a fan of anything sharp and pointy with a tiny handle due to the lack of control and thus increased accident chance I came up with this,

It works well for a young person I know whose father snapped up the prototype, my missus liked it because "finally you've made one that doesent feel like a small sword"!? touch melodramatic me-thinks but I take the point and even though I have large hands I enjoyed a few hours whittling last night

I've added a new version of the Chasseur with big hand handle and sabre grind (better for the french hunters who cut more Game than wood) and a nearly finished Voyageur (Priam take note) for a size comparison.

173mm 0verall length, blade 70mm, 01 tool steel clad in Ebony with mosaic pins

What do you think

Attachments

• knife 612.jpg
    knife 612.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 58
  • knife 598.jpg
    knife 598.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 71
  • knife 599.jpg
    knife 599.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 44
  • knife 600.jpg
    knife 600.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 52
  • knife 603.jpg
    knife 603.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 49
  • knife 606.jpg
    knife 606.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 64
  • knife 607.jpg
    knife 607.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 52
  • knife 611.jpg
    knife 611.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Lovely job; I really like that. My knife expense quota is all used up right now but what sort of price would you be likely to sell these for? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publish that info just yet.

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Hi, Yes Woodcutter, I am in impressed, I can’t wait to get my hands on it! It should arrive in time for my Birthday AND my next trip on the 29th!

Priam

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The middle one is mine! I will hopefully be sporting it at Rough Close this weekend (If all goes well with the postal system).

Fetch your strop! (For my little Granny!)

Priam.

excellent mate, looks like a really good purchase there. not sure whether or not i'll be down at rough close this weekend or not but if i manage to make it down i'll quite happily sit and strop your granny!

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE