A rough edgd bowl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I know they both have some serious skills mate . Have been looking at robins lathe set up and contemplating setting something up in the summer at a family and friends group camp . Maybe make it a team build (this is only a dream activity right now)
But my idea of a fun activity for us to do while there . Unsure how to go about it yet but I'm looking into it !
Paddytray .;

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I use a power lathe. A little one, from Axminster. I got their cheapest variable speed lathe, because the reviews were very good and it was all I had room for. Works for me although it limits the size of what I can do.

I've had a brief go at pole lathing, and food it fun, but have no hope of making my own at this point.

Good luck with yours.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Gave mine it's First spin just to play with it . the last time i used one was 1994
6yqytuda.jpg

Paddytray . ;

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Fin things aren't they. I'd use mine more if it wasn't a choice between woodturning and going outside, because going outside usually wins.

Just watched Robin Wood's pole turning link for ore inspiration though. He makes it look so easy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE