A quick semi primitie shelter set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I am taking an opportunity to insert an insight on shelter since there are no relative posts. I have to apologize I have no images yet but will have some to this post in a week or less.

This shelter is a lean to type somewhat with variations that can make it more versatile in different weather.

There should be:
2; 5-6ft bamboo or cane poles
2; 3ft bamboo or cane poles
2; 6 to 8ft pole

construct the front of the shelter with the 5 to 6ft poles keeping them around 2.5 meters apart. do the same for the 1 meter poles but set them around 2 to 3 meters back. Set the 2.5 meter pole across the ront of the shelter lash with a clove hitch or a taughtline hitch with 2 half hitches, do the same for the rear set up. Next, either lay a tarp or thatch with boughsfrom a spruce or the like. If thatching you will need crossmembers to support the boughs also, find some peat moss to loosly place at the base of the rear leading up to the bough overhang, this will promote a draft for smoke ventalation and wil serve as a water collector if rain should be about.

I know that this may be a bit basic, but I hope to show you the set up on film so that it is more understood and appreciated.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Sounds an interesting variation Brian. Pictures would be interesting to compare it to other lean to's :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Topcat02 said:
Yep pics would definately help me. Must admit the switch between metres and feet confused me, I'm getting old and senile.
Change metres for yards(three feet), a yard is approx. 0.9(9/10) of a metre so is as near as dammit for rough working out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE