A quest for some peace,....and a few other things

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
After the last week..., long story...,and the most stressful of the holidays being over with I really needed a break from "civilization" and so decided to go on a quest this afternoon.

My quest took me on a winding trail through the wood. It wound ever uppward alongside a loudly babbling stream,

PICT0750.jpg

PICT0680.jpg

PICT0705.jpg

between and even under some very large boulders and over some smaller ones.

PICT0694.jpg

PICT0697.jpg

PICT0706.jpg

Looks can be deceptive, the space under this shelter rock is more than 2 meters high, I don't have to duck under and can walk around under it ang go out either one of two rear exits

PICT0685.jpg

PICT0688.jpg

PICT0690.jpg

PICT0691.jpg

There were even a few small waterfalls between the rocks
PICT0709.jpg

PICT0711.jpg

Across a bridge made by large fallen tree

PICT0695.jpg

PICT0712.jpg

I found more plants to study

PICT0717.jpg

PICT0716.jpg

and more fungi to enjoy

PICT0720.jpg

PICT0722.jpg

PICT0723.jpg

and then finally, deside some rapids

PICT0734.jpg

in an eddie beside the base of a falls

PICT0729.jpg

My quest came to an end in a large pile of drift wood
PICT0740.jpg

PICT0742.jpg

PICT0743.jpg

PICT0746.jpg

So...having gathered the materials I came after

PICT0749.jpg

I look at and enjoy for a few minutes the view behind me

PICT0735.jpg

then head for home and a hot dinner and working on the new project. Hope you enjoyed the hike

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Nice pic's i really liked the waterfall and cave pics, it looks like it would make a nice shelter if the weather turned bad,although from the pics it looks quite mild? There's quite a few caves near me unfortunately they are coastal and you get a tad wet when the tide comes in.

Thanks all, glad you enjoyed the pics

Nice pic's i really liked the waterfall and cave pics, it looks like it would make a nice shelter if the weather turned bad,although from the pics it looks quite mild? There's quite a few caves near me unfortunately they are coastal and you get a tad wet when the tide comes in.

That sounds interesting and beautiful. The only time I have been to the coast it was all just flat land and sand....no cliffs or caves to explore

Thanks for sharing, it looks really nice, especially the cave.

Fred

Glad you like the pics. I like the cave too. It was late so I didn't have enough light to stick around long...just took a few minutes to sit and enjoy the place. Trying to walk out of that area with the leaves down in the dark can get you some serious injuries and I didn't plan on being there after dark and didn't take my lamp...left it in the truck. I do plan on going back early one day. Would go again this weekend but I have to work Saturday and I am going fishing on Sunday.

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
Wow, that is some giant's playground you have there - I can just imagine the ancient giant ancestors hurling those boulders around for fun lol
It seems incredibly atmospheric from the pictures

Nice pics thanks for sharing

Wild

Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed the photos, I love hiking up there . While little I'm not...I am no giant either lol, but..., this has been my playground for many years. It is always so peaceful there. I always feel so small walking amongst all the huge boulders on the side of this mountain in the same way I feel so small over-looking the oceans, it sort of puts things back in perspective for me. I get such a sense of somethings so much greater than myself and my day to day life.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE