A good shelter maybe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
Mine arrived this morning and a quick inspection shows no holes, rips, punctures or any other faults. Mine also has a very heavy duty zip fitted which doesn't seem to be original. The only thing that appears to be wrong with it is it is slightly faded on the outside compared to the inside. For the price, highly recommended and I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can erect it and have a closer inspection. But so far, I think I will be making this the main fly sheet and turning the original into an awning/porch. This should give me a fair bit of storage space between the inner and outer until I can source some Mk5 poles.

Could somebody measure their Mk5 leg poles for me please?

Edit, just had mine set up in the garden and it is massive compared to the mk3. The poles I have just aren't long enough as it drags on the ground all around the edges. Other than a few of the elastic bands being snapped and the rest being worn, there is nothing wrong with this material at all. Very happy with it. I just need to get some extensions for the legs.

Last edited:
He is a bad man indeed

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

I agree... Put mine up with just two poles today.... My garden wasn't quite wide enough to have it out in full glory... Think it will work, just need to have an go at pegging it all out evenly.... I think cliff should allow us to use his garden for some kind of demo/training course. It's the least he could do for all money he's made us part with. :p

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I've just ordered one with the intention of trying it with just two poles, I'll post pics of the results

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

I look forward to the results Paul.
Seeing Martin's hung up on his line made me realise this could also be used as a tarp. Rig up a ridgeline then hang it off it with the line passing through a gap at the top of each zip?? Or am I missing something?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I look forward to the results Paul.
Seeing Martin's hung up on his line made me realise this could also be used as a tarp. Rig up a ridgeline then hang it off it with the line passing through a gap at the top of each zip?? Or am I missing something?

Only zipped at one end. The zip doesn't quite reach the apex, so there is room to add a grommet to thread the ridgeline through.

But as you can see in the picture, I unpicked an end. I took me 20 minutes, and I was going slow.

Just measured mine:

8p6c.jpg

577v.jpg

Not including doors, 13ft long 6 ft wide.

The possibilities are endless:

....Remove the ends with then you could sew 2/3/4 together for a massive canvas tarp. :)

....Unpick and re-sew a zipped section on to make a canvas tarp with doors each end.

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Only zipped at one end. The zip doesn't quite reach the apex, so there is room to add a grommet to thread the ridgeline through.

But as you can see in the picture, I unpicked an end. I took me 20 minutes, and I was going slow.

The possibilities are endless:

....Remove the ends with then you could sew 2/3/4 together for a massive canvas tarp.

....Unpick and re-sew a zipped section on to make a canvas tarp with doors each end.

Are the two ridge points closed then Martin? I guess so if it is for a F10 type frame rather than two spiked vertical poles??

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Are the two ridge points closed then Martin? I guess so if it is for a F10 type frame rather than two spiked vertical poles??

Closed, the one in the picture has a grommet at each end for the vertical pole, but it's set in the wrong position for a ridgeline.

jd8e.jpg

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Looks like they've sold out of grade 2 and only 1 grade 1 left.

Three more turned up this morning, one has seen some action:

20mf.jpg

kd7m.jpg

jj9x.jpg

yufz.jpg

Washing the worst out and drying:

vgsx.jpg

Varying labels:

h6cv.jpg

92v0.jpg

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Mine turned up on Tuesday and I've just got it setup in the garden. Two lightweight awning poles I bought from Go outdoors and ten pegs. I've run out of pegs otherwise I could have pulled the sides out too. A really nice 2 man shelter, I'm impressed.

a8u4uva2.jpg

apeqyrer.jpg

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Nope, just pulled the guys from the two poles tight and it was fine. You could run a line between the two if you waned to hang things off of it but there seems to be no reason for structural support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE