A couple that never made it to the makers market

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
As the title, these were sold before I got a chance to post them up for sale:eek:

I've been experimenting with "painting" the dye with brushes to get different effects, I also did some stamping and carving, which you can accent using the different colour dyes.

This one was actually dyed yellow to start with, then I simply worked from light to dark, as it were.

All the "texture" is carved/stamped while most of the shading is dyed.
P1160106.jpg

P1160108.jpg

This one also started yellow;
P1160126.jpg

P1160127.jpg

You just have to take your time and remember to start light and finish dark.

Oh and not too much dye on the brush in one go;)

Hope you like them anyway.

best wishes

Steve

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
beautiful works of art there...thanks for sharing. once i have manage to make my own blades, i would love to be able to try this for a couple of other naked blades i have. thanks once again.

baz p

Nov 16, 2010
manchester
excellent peaces of work.......it would have been better if you.....aaaaahhh who am i kidding, they are brilliant mate, truly stunning

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice leatherwork...:You_Rock_ I like the carving in the background too though? Tell me about it!

You had me scratching my head there! I couldn't think which carving you were on about:eek:

Then I tumbled:rolleyes:

That's my old oak shave horse;) I made it back in.......... 2004 irrc:confused:

I decided to give it the personal touch and it ended up with a bit of an owl and a few abstract " cup & ring" bits too:)

I had to replace the legs during the summer, hence the owl has fairly bright eyes at the moment.

It spends all its time in the garden in all weathers, along with a couple of larch bench/stools;
PB250005copyresized.jpg

I generally use the larch stools for tools, so they kind of stick together, in a little"herd":grouphug:
Thanks again

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE