8th 9th Jan N East weekend.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
began sorting my kit yesterday,...

then again today,..hahaha i just love running thru the event in my head,..summat like this,...

get there first,..is the truck ok?...yep

have i got all the post codes and maps for the crapnav?..yep....

tarp up,...is my new ridgeline set up in the tarp bag??...yep...

did i set up the prussics on the guy lines?...or did i dream it?...

a brew on,....plenty of water ?....hmmmm hope theres a tap or brook or summat,...

hammock up, UQ on and adjusted,...ok..

fire wood?...

make a tripod for my pack?

make a seat?...

breakfast?....did i bring coffee,...

hahahah

you get the idea,....i run thru it in my head as i fall asleep,......i have the window open too so i can feel the breeze on me as i nod off,......

is it daft that i,m this exited???...hahaha i dont care

Stu

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
good point did I put the prussics back on, a check is needed :)

idoaik, you will learn alot mate if it was anything like me at the last one, I got to gut my first rabbit and shown how to cook it, also watching a fire getting started whilst all of the wood was wet to say the least was good. Also got to try things like feather sticks, this meet should be awesome

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
im well up for this been waiting for a wee while, like a little school boy again..........he he he he he he he (in little boy voice...lol.....)

just waiting for my internet kit to arrive (i hope) during the week, hammer for the forge, cutting blades to make the billets for forging, and the borax powder for the flux for the "Demascus"........(little wimper....)

cant wait.......he he he he he he he he

ps chaimbers have you got an air bed foot pump by any chance, its the last thing i need........thanks gents, chris...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
awesome, thanks mate.......

oh by the way could you also bring 2-3 metres of your para cord for the bow drill, i dont have quite enough for us all.....

thanks...

chris...............

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
awesome, thanks mate.......

oh by the way could you also bring 2-3 metres of your para cord for the bow drill, i dont have quite enough for us all.....

thanks...

chris...............

para cord??

arent we using nettle??

hahaha sorry,...lol

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

Happy new year t'yiz all.

Still not ssure if I can make it. Starting a new job on Tuesday and not sure of the days yet.

I still have no camping kit either. Waiting on a tarp I ordered before Christmas. If I get that in time then I'll grab some more stuff in the shops, sleeping mat and all. I also need to get some blankets for inside the crappy sleeping bag I have or I'll freeze to death.

So yeah, I'll let you know.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Hey,

Happy new year t'yiz all.

Still not ssure if I can make it. Starting a new job on Tuesday and not sure of the days yet.

I still have no camping kit either. Waiting on a tarp I ordered before Christmas. If I get that in time then I'll grab some more stuff in the shops, sleeping mat and all. I also need to get some blankets for inside the crappy sleeping bag I have or I'll freeze to death.

So yeah, I'll let you know.

nice one,....if you can get prepped in time that,d be cool....

as said,...were at a possible 4 at the mo,...and a relaxed no pressure enviroment,...

Cheers

Stu

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Just done a forecast on the weather folks,...

hahaha you'll love this,...

heavy snow and -6oC for friday evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from my spot all the way up to Brockwell,.....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Lovely lovely, thats what we want. Well I think I will be over packing for this one with more than I need as I would rather have miles too much than be freezing

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
awesome, i was preying for snow tooooo...........lol.......

hey Mark, i have a spare bashher if you need it, just get some bunggies or cord and your away for a shelter mate.........

- 6 is warm anyway.........when its -35 your toes get a bit nippey......lol.....

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
snow hole in Norway and Canida was an awesome time, the jumping into ice water was not so great........lol.......BUT the survival shelter made up for it.....he he he he he he he he

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE