8th 9th Jan N East weekend.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok, really good news, went to my work stash of wood and found some sycamore for the bow drill, this has worked well in the past for me and will be better than the wood i have now, white willow i think.........you will be able to try both and see what you think.......

also, i have 3 x gifts for those who turn up, didnt cost me anything, well a few pennies, practical and very bushcraftey.........but you will have to wait to find out what it is.......lol.......

last night i just could not sleep, things going through my head about THIS WEEKEND...................cant wait..........

when i was at work i also got 3 large cooking tins if we decide to do a group meal, or people can take them for hobo stoves, im easy...........

speek soon gents....

chris.....................................

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
You know if you will be able to get some bunnies mate? We could get a nice big stew on the go?

What are people going to be doing for food on these two days? just so I have the right idea lol

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
will give my mate a ring tnight, bannock with seeds and maybe some trout out the freezer for sat dinner charizo pasta for lunch, hhmmmm lets me see, ground coffee banock and sausage for breakfast, depends if i get bunnies or not, if so throw them over the fire for lunch instead......

we have had snow on the high ground last night (sutton bank).....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Think I will have to go pick up something a bit more fire style cooking than noodles then lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
yeah i got my dried stuff packed all the time,...rice, cous-cous, oats, flour,.

i will just add a chorizo or a bit of summat else,....

i got a bit of summat each too,.....hahahaha

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
best thing im bringing is the sloe brandy, the sloe shampers is ok too, oh and the strawberry vodka, must not forget the blueberry shampers ih and there is always the cherry wine.........

hhmmmmmmm.................food????????????????? ;)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
whhoooooooooooooooo................

forgeing still on then, cool........ got some flint today too, just for a play.......

thanks C........

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
IMG00407-20110103-1321.jpg

found a stash this morning,...

just drying em now

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thats how i do my charcoal, i use a bout 3 tins though, makes good quality charcoal for the forge if i only need to heat treat a blade.............better than the shop bought stuff by far....

i also have some tinder fungus, it works well when it takes a spark, i find it a littlte hard with flint and steel though, the fungus tends to break up quite a bit........

Last edited:

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Well Ive just half grinded one side, using a file so its a slow process. Obviously it wont matter about small file marks as all of those can be polished out afterwards I assume?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i would finish to about 250-400 grit but thats just me, you do want to get rid of the big file marks though, it can effect the heat treatment..........

dont make the blade to thin ie the cutting edge as in sharp i would leave about 0.5 -1 mm on the blade edge, this will soon come of in the finishing process...........

any probs just ask us mate........

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
No bother mate, thinking about it I wont have it ready for next weekend (back to work tomorrow) and I dont want to rush it. Im sure itll get done in time though

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok, buunies are sorted, should get 4 but it may be more or less, it just depends whats about, we have had mixy round here not so long back................

should be sorted though........ im going to book the site right now for 4 people, we will take it from there and see if any more turn up.........

thanks lads.

chris....................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE