8th 9th Jan N East weekend.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Looking forward to seeing the photos, fellas. Wish I could be there to go too. Enjoy, and share lots of ideas / skills. You lucky dawgs!

Gordy

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks Gordy, hope to make some sort of blade or 2, maybe even a damascus one if all goes well.....we will have to have a world meet some time in the future, i might speek to all the full members about it closer to the summer

"Not able to swap shifts but thought it'd be nice to pop over and say hi after work if that's cool?"

this will be fine greensurfingbear, dont know what spot we will be in yet, just follow your nose and head for the smoke.......lol...... and maybe even a ting ting ting sound....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Just to help and prove with my newbie-ish-ness what type of kit are people wearing, obviously I know about the fleece, jumper, pair of outdoor type trousers and was thinking of getting some of those cheap Aldi base layers. Obviously Ill have gloves and hat etc. Is there anything else I am clearly missing?

Dont want to look like a fool lol

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i,m as newb as you man,...

layers!!

vest , tee, jumper, fleece, coat,

thermal bottoms and combats,...

hat gloves etc,...

Stu,..

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
gortex trousers???????????

normal warm kit, wind proof combats (awesome), shooting jacket, deerhunter (awesome), bed stuff, cooking stuff, food, water, 6 million knifes (lol) axe, head torch (just in case), first aid kit, camera, phone, house wife (sewing kit), wash kit, towel and few bits and bobs........

TBH i could prbably survive with whats in my jacket and my bedding kit and food, but hey who cares, as long as your comfortable with what you do its fine, chambers know i will teach and not take the mick out of any person no matter how much of a newb they say they are........

oh bam, forgot to say, HOME BREW, hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

I got the weekend off work :D

All I need now is a tarp I think.

i have a spare bashher if you need it, just get some bunggies or cord and your away for a shelter mate

Cheers Chris, I may have to take you up on that if mine doesn't arrive on time.

I know its not very bushcrafty but I have decided to bring a duvet, haha. That should sort out the sleeping bag problem.

Also, I bought a self inflating sleeping mat in Millets the other day for only a tenner. Its a short one so it packs up real small. 1200cm long I think.

So yeah, I will be there on Saturday.

Laters

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
any chance I can show up on the sunday morning for a brew? I have the day off ysee I;m not needed any more so I thought I would pop down

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hey,

I got the weekend off work :D

All I need now is a tarp I think.

Cheers Chris, I may have to take you up on that if mine doesn't arrive on time.

I know its not very bushcrafty but I have decided to bring a duvet, haha. That should sort out the sleeping bag problem.

Also, I bought a self inflating sleeping mat in Millets the other day for only a tenner. Its a short one so it packs up real small. 1200cm long I think.

So yeah, I will be there on Saturday.

Laters

no probs mate, just make sure you bring some cord/string and or some bunjies so you can set up mate.......

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
any chance I can show up on the sunday morning for a brew? I have the day off ysee I;m not needed any more so I thought I would pop down

no problem at all, your more than welcome, if we have time we can do some fire craft or forging, all depends on time and weather really............

just bring a mug though as i dont carry a spare......lol.......

regards.

chris....................

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
I'll be interested in some forging, I do a lot of wrought iron work but never blade work. I'll bring my brew kit I never leave home without it !

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmm, what you said.......lol......

by the clearing and big beach mast near the brook, into the trees (birch) some place......... or the far end with the bigger trees and harder woods...........

not sure yet really, just shout lannyman.........lol....

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Ive just been to get a cast iron casserole dish which Im hoping to get on a chain and use like a dutch oven. I can bring some veg etc and we can turn the bunnies into a casserole/stew if you like

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sounds good to me mate, i will do some bread for us all..........

im all sorted now, the hammer and borax came today so forging should be awesome.......... just need to sort out my other teching kit...... who wants a tin for a hobo stove, i can bring some along, and as we wont need it due to your cast pot you can have them to take home, i can also bring some billt tins you can have too........

let me know gents.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE