8th 9th Jan N East weekend.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
will get some largeish tins from work, can get as meany as i want though..........and thank you very much......i will try and get some but who knows with this weather.....

regards.

chris...................

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Likewise Ill be bringing the bag full of bits from ration packs (mainly the drink etc) may be some use to someone and they are going free will also see if I have anything someone may be interested in for swapping

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
the mrs is working on the 8th and the 9th!!!! so i will be looking after the rug rats!
cant believe it, if it wasnt for bad luck id have none at all. . . . . . :(:(:(:(

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
I have a reindeer skin full size super grade Paid £80 for it exellent for hammocks (dont use mine much now) For sale £65 posted or could meet you (in osmotherly on tuesday)

I'd be quite interested in some pics of this, it could be what I'm after

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
The last one was Nov if I rememeber rightly so looks to be bi monthly.

Also just to add, if anyone wants I can make para bracelets and bring them to the meet, just need to know if you would like a button fastener or a whistle buckle and your wrist diameter. Would happily swap for small things or a sample of your knowledge :p

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok, Im away now untill the new year so this is my last post untill then.....

any questions just pm me and i will get back to you when im home.........

the event is looking like it will take place at Brockwell Wood, its a good location with plenty of wood to burn, the site owner is well up for a group like ours to use the woods on a regular basis, you should be shown where the group will be camping either in person by the owner or on a map when you arrive.......... I hope to get there early to set up and to meet people with some hot water for a brew adleast, im getting a lift though, so if im not there just pick a spot where we can have fires and camp out of the wind...........

the bellow info was e mailed to me, its the site rules and general info....... like i say any questions just pm me and i will get back to you after xmas.......

Information for prospective campers at Brockwell Woods:

If there is space on the date you require, it is helpful to know what time you would arrive. If we are not going to be in, I usually leave maps, spades, saws, rubbish bags, water bottles as required for you to borrow and return outside the front door. I leave an envelope with your map to post your fees through the letterbox.

It is a proper 26 acre wild wood, no toilets or shower blocks - you can get water from the house and there's a WC there too. There are lots of little clearings and places where you can camp throughout the wood so you can just pick your place - the map will help you to find them. If you have a car, you can drive across the fields into the wood and park near to where you will camp, or if you would prefer, park at the house and walk across the fields. It is 10-15 minutes walk across to the wood.

We expect people to leave the wood as they find it - take nothing, leave nothing. You need to bury human waste, burn paper, ESPECIALLY TOILET PAPER, and collect up and bag all rubbish. You can leave this at the house if necessary.

We expect people to behave with consideration for others who are camping, local nearby residents and the environment of the wood.

Please note that we require groups to sign a signing in sheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, car registration where appropriate agreeing to this statement:

“We expect that campers will take responsibility for damage to property and the environment. Signing your name on this list implies that you agree to behave reasonably, with consideration for other campers, local residents, property and the natural environment. We will take appropriate action with the police and through the courts if this is not the case.”

We charge £8 per person per night, £4 per child, under 5s free.

You are welcome to light fires responsibly, clearing up after them. There is plenty of dry wood - fallen and felled trees which can be cut up for firewood. You do not need to fell live trees.

Dogs are fine too if kept under reasonable control.

Please let me have a mobile phone number, address and car registration.

Steph

Here are the instructions to get here by car:

From the Western Bypass (A1 to Hexham) follow signs to A695 Blaydon, or from Scotswood Rd, go across Scotswood Bridge following signs to the A695 to Blaydon and then Prudhoe. At Blaydon roundabout you'll see a MacDonalds. (Don't stop there!) Take the Prudhoe road A695 out of Blaydon, 1st mini roundabout turn left, (not signed). Follow road round until you see a left turn – Herd House Lane, signed to Blaydon Burn.This is the second left off that road. Turn left and follow road to the end then turn left onto Liddels Fell Road. Follow the road down into the dip, There’s a sign Blaydon Burn & 30mph sign. You see a white house, a stone house, Longridge Road, a pylon, then as the road curves sharply to left and up the hill, you’ll see a gap in the stone wall on the right marked Blaydon Burn House. Turn right, bump up the track and you’re there. Look for the conservatory on the left behind the very large holly.

If you miss that turn, take the next one right off Burn Road into Beech House, it’s the other half of Blaydon Burn House and the drive curves round in front of the two houses. It’s also a bit less bumpy.

You can get a 49 bus from Gateshead to Black Lane or a 32 bus from Newcastle Central Station to Winlaton and walk down Burn Road to the Beech House entrance.

The address is

Blaydon Burn House and Farm

Burn Road,

Blaydon on Tyne

NE21 6JR

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Lannyman8
Raikey
Joely
drewdunnrespect tbc cos might be working
Rjames [providing you don't mind a new boy, and that my rota allows it]
merrygold85 (Providing I can get there, and am not working)
chambers

ok, i think this is the list at the moment???????????

dont know about bunnies untill near the time, have got some steel for forging, and some wood for bow drill but need to try it so i know it works, if it does ive got quite a bit...also have some chemicals for fire craft, char cloth, different tinders etc...

can people please copy and paste to confirm ASAP so i can book the site for rough numbers......

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Lannyman8
Raikey

well, i,m in for def,..

i got funds to buy an underquilt too,...if anyone has one for sale,...

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE