4x4 camper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
No way dude.:)

Ceck out the Maxi Mog. :D

attachment.php

I rather like the Russian Urals though.
Frankrijk_2005-136.jpg

That is fantastic, and the best bit is they also can provide you with a mini predator, so you can play at being in the CIA.:lmao:

When i win the lottery, this shall be mine!

uav_left.jpg

The MaxiMog® UAV (Unmanned Air Vehicle) is a design based upon the Pointer surveillance vehicle designed by Paul MacReady and his team at Aerovironment Corp. It is electrically powered and under ideal conditions can fly up to 10 miles away from the vehicle relaying live video back to the MaxiMog® vehicle or trailer.
It has semiautomatic flight controls which can be programmed to fly predetermined routes based upon GPS waypoints, or may be manually flown via joystick. A gyro stabilization system provides automatic level flight even in highly turbulent air conditions and the onboard lithium ion batteries provide up to 30 minutes of flight duration.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
How about the MAZ-7917 of the Soviet era? A diesel-electric locomotive top half mounted on the engine, chassis and running gear of a nuclear missile transporter.

I'm guessing this beasty comes with it's own wine cellar, workshop, jacuzzi and attic. Wonder what the MPG is or would it be GPM?

maz-7917-10.jpg

Mad Buzzard

Aug 10, 2014
Liverpool
First post outside of new members forum, so be gentle with me..:)

This is my 4x4 camper:

This was taken on our winter drive to Norway and back.
It's a Mitsubishi delica (a van body on a shogun chassis and engine.)
They are a "grey import" into the UK so quiet rare.
Best part is the price... mine cost £1400.

Some more pics:

Camp view:

And if you want something a bit more modern; this is what they look like new in Japan, they will be available over here in a few years:

Mad Buzzard

Aug 10, 2014
Liverpool
Here is my 4x4 camper, Mitsubishi Delica 1996 2.8 basically a van body on a pajero chasis and engine.
Norway: Winter

Wales:

The best bit....£1400

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Have you any more pics of the inside of the Delica? I have one and would be interested in seeing what camping modifications you've made.

Mad Buzzard

Aug 10, 2014
Liverpool
We have a rock n roll bed we put in for long trips, and use a "Snapon" copy Halfords tool chest for cooking on.
Summer we stick that in the boot and winter behind drivers seat. I will see if I have any photos of inside, the bed is out at the moment.
Have a look on the owners club forums, there are a few conversions on there.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Delicas are excellent off roaders, I've got a mate with a fully kitted one and it does anything the Landys and Vits are doing. Plus he can get his 3 kids to school in it.

I wouldn't mind one as a campervan, they're great value for money.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone hoofing around the countryside in a Mitsubishi Delica?
Converted as a camper - photos.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE