4x4 camper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

dakrido

@ borderreiver: i guess the dd is the original gwp. it's a breed i totally love. they're real versatile, very hard dogs. you can get them to do almost anything under any circumstance. i don't really work him, but he's very useful where he has to be. got any dogs yourself?

@ nemesis: i didn't know about it untill i recently read an article on it. doesn't sound bad, but i got the idea that it's very time consuming, and a pain to install. if i'm wrong please let me know, cause i'll be interested to hear what you got to say.

david

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
@ borderreiver: i guess the dd is the original gwp. it's a breed i totally love. they're real versatile, very hard dogs. you can get them to do almost anything under any circumstance. i don't really work him, but he's very useful where he has to be. got any dogs yourself?

@ nemesis: i didn't know about it untill i recently read an article on it. doesn't sound bad, but i got the idea that it's very time consuming, and a pain to install. if i'm wrong please let me know, cause i'll be interested to hear what you got to say.

david

I've got two.

A Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever bitch and a Hungarian Wirehaired Viszla dog.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Very cool truck mate , always admire people who have the courage to throw caution to the wind and live life on the road . good luck!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Got to be careful what your Google Image search terms are... I tried "camper 4x4" earlier and got this:

IMG_3013.JPG

...too many implications to list :eek:

nommo

Feb 2, 2010
Glos
Nice camper! I thought my Mazda Bongo Friendee was cool (apart from the name!) - I doubt you would want to move around in it too much if you were living in it anyhow.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
I've got a 101" Forward Control Land Rover (one tonnie ambulance to ex sqds) which we use for expeditions and while we were home educating the kids. I'd like to put up some pics but can't upload for some reason. Anyone able to help please (I want to show off ;o)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I've got a 101" Forward Control Land Rover (one tonnie ambulance to ex sqds) which we use for expeditions and while we were home educating the kids. I'd like to put up some pics but can't upload for some reason. Anyone able to help please (I want to show off ;o)

Always liked the Forward Control ambulances, though mainly drove the air portable LR with 'Vague -O- Matic' steering.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
With you on the lightweight. Only had a couple of the GS 1 tonnies for LLRP. Loverly V8 noise tho.

Use the Landy every weekend and holiday. If you ever see a big orange one with a roof tent and smoke coming from the woodburner in the back, give us a wave!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Ref Image Insertion;-

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13734

In short , Upload Photo's to Photobucket account or similiar , grab the associated web page details from the photobucket account for same picture, high tail it back here and then use the Image button ( Little square with two mountains and sun ) to insert image details.

Hope that helps a bit.:)

You still got the 101?

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
2007_02111holiday0064.JPG
[/IMG]

DId that do it? Nice instructions by the way.

And yes it is still pride and joy (although in need of a new petrol tank.. and some new paint, and some leaks repairing in the roof. but it is a land rover.
:D

bodensee.JPG

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
2007_02111holiday0064.JPG
[/IMG]

DId that do it? Nice instructions by the way.

And yes it is still pride and joy (although in need of a new petrol tank.. and some new paint, and some leaks repairing in the roof. but it is a land rover.
:D

bodensee.JPG

That looks great!! Beggsy a heads up if you decide to sell it.

D

dakrido

wow! wht do you mean showing off hahaha that looks amazing!
you got any pics from the inside?
how long does it take you to put up the tent?

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
That looks great!! Beggsy a heads up if you decide to sell it.

No Way Hose! (for Father Ted fans) :eek:
I'd never part with it. It is home for us for a lot of the time and gives us complete freedom. We designed it to live out of not live in so it fits very well with our outdoors existence whenever we venture out.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
wow! wht do you mean showing off hahaha that looks amazing!
you got any pics from the inside?
how long does it take you to put up the tent?

The tent takes two minutes to raise and sleeps two full size adults and is accessed via either the ladder (which we rarely use) or the escape hatch in the roof which also allows heat from the woodburner to heat the tent as well as the truck.

I'll take some pics of the inside and post them up - now that I know how to...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE