35 litres how to pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
supprised to see that you want to ditch the toothbrush dental hygene should be near the top of anybodys list

I always pack a toothbrush, although it may be a very small toothbrush.

wash_kit_mini001.jpg

:)

kit list
dd travel hammock (getting for crimbo)
true north outdoors tarp
underblanket or roll mat (if it makes more room cos then i could go on the floor if nessacery but perfer underblanket plus can strap this to the outside if nessacery)
poncho liner Ditch and replace with additional warm mid or base layer.
first aid kit Pocket
head torch Ditch and replace with small torch.
knife (go on belt)
laplander (go on belt)
water proof trousers Wear or ditch
gaters Wear
water proof jacket Wear or ditch
underwear Wear
socks Wear
tshirt Ditch.
ktichen Ditch.
crusader set using folding hexi stove
mess tin Ditch.
billy can
kfs Ditch all but spoon.
flask Ditch.
food and 2litre bottle of water Only 1 litre needed if also carrying crusader bottle.bottle as well.
books Ditch.
food for free Ditch.
trees Ditch.
camera Nikon dslr d3000 Ditch unless you can use it better than a compact.(can be carried on belt if necessary)
wash kit Ditch.
tooth brush Ditch.
paste Ditch.
universal soap Ditch.
antibactrial alco hand wash for on the move hand wash a Pocket
pillow (blow up so takes very little room) Ditch.

Wayland took some time answering your query and I spent some time scrutinising his reply! Wayland's given a short "voice of experience" summary there because you will always take something that never gets used (I still do). The trick is to keep those things down to a minimum.

As ever it's each to his own - I differ from Wayland's list only in that I find a head torch invaluable (I tend to drool a lot when I'm holding a small torch in my teeth for any length of time - and they're great for reading).

The camera advice - well Wayland is (amongst other things) a professional landscape photographer (Google "Ravenlore" to check out his stuff). If the Nikon D3000 is the only camera you have and you're going out for the night to improve your skills, then consider another carry option - belt, bum bag, shoulder satchel etc - you don't want to be delving amongst the rest of your kit for your camera when the photographic moment of a lifetime presents itself.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Johnboy wrote, "No waterproof jacket??"

My omission, sorry. If I am not wearing the jacket I usually store it under the rucksack's lid or lashed to its top.
Happy trails...torc.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE