A quality hip pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
bergans== hefty Norwegian prices for vietnam-made stuff where quality is notwhat you should expect for the money you pay, combined with s***ty customer service......

--------->I would recommend buying elsewhere.......

i have to disagree, although i did get my Langevann a bit cheaper than the listed Bergans price, the quality of the hip pack is superb. As for customer service, although i didnt speak directly to anyone, i emailed their customer services dept a number of times before buying and they replied within 24hrs every time. Once i eventually ordered the Langevann, it arrived within the stipulated arrival time (was told 3-5 working days, only took 2 days). on the 6th day i got an email from Bergans asking if my purchase had arrived to my satisfaction and was i pleased with my purchase. Not bad customer service after all i think..........?

i have to disagree, although i did get my Langevann a bit cheaper than the listed Bergans price, the quality of the hip pack is superb. As for customer service, although i didnt speak directly to anyone, i emailed their customer services dept a number of times before buying and they replied within 24hrs every time. Once i eventually ordered the Langevann, it arrived within the stipulated arrival time (was told 3-5 working days, only took 2 days). on the 6th day i got an email from Bergans asking if my purchase had arrived to my satisfaction and was i pleased with my purchase. Not bad customer service after all i think..........?

I ordered my backpack over an outdoor shop which had some of bergans gear in stock but not the pack I was after ( llooonnnnggg time before discovering this forum)--- I got ripped off a hefty 485€ , then had to spent 90 min removing a sharp edge on the plastic element of the hipbelt, the frame consisted of sharp-edged fibre glass rods which eventually made their way through the fabric (forcing me to make covers from a section of copper pipe), stitching coming undone etc. . for the money I would have expected better quality there!

when I contacted the office of bergans in the country where I bought it in regards to getting the stitching repaired I got a lame reply (""sorry we canot help you...."") and got addressed like their manager and I are drinking buddies

whether my experience is the norm or an exception : I'll stay away from this company......

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Mines generally for when I'm mooching around in the woods I want to keep all my frequently used gear close to hand without searching through my rucksack. I won't be doing any distance hiking or wearing it where I'm expecting to be seen/disturbed lol

I know what you mean about the military style, I'll probably look a wierdo if any dog walkers pass by and my Mrs and her mum find the vest hilarious but price is king over aesthetics at the moment for me! Lol

Can't go wrong for £7 :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

trust me you won't you can wear it under a coat. I used to and a waterproof fits well over them

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
And also you shouldn't care what other people think as long as you find it useful

It's one of those I tied to throw out on a clear but just couldn't because of the time I know I have used it ( own the original arktis 42 DPM Chest webbing

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE