-3.7degC at 5.30 this morning. It's perishing cold.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hard, cold, and perishing here this morning.
-3.7degC in my garden according to the electronic weather station thingie. I haven't braved the paths yet to read the old mercury one on the shed wall yet. I'd need a torch, it's still dark o'clock out there.

I like the dry cold, especially if it comes with a bright day, but this looks like it's going to be sore, everything was sodden wet yesterday and now it's frozen.
Kind of looking forward to a daun'er when it's light though :D

atb,
M

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Its a bit different down this way, about 04:30 i was wandering along the shoreline in a t-shirt and it was not cold!
Louis

leon-1

Hard, cold, and perishing here this morning.
-3.7degC in my garden according to the electronic weather station thingie. I haven't braved the paths yet to read the old mercury one on the shed wall yet. I'd need a torch, it's still dark o'clock out there.

I like the dry cold, especially if it comes with a bright day, but this looks like it's going to be sore, everything was sodden wet yesterday and now it's frozen.
Kind of looking forward to a daun'er when it's light though :D

atb,
M

I like dry cold as well, unfortunately in Devon we only get dry cold once in a blue moon. Infact we rarely get proper cold down here and when we do everything goes pear shaped because nobody is prepared for the weather and that's where the whinging starts.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I can see I'll have to turn the heating on soon, unless it warms up a little down here.....
door-165.gif

lol-030.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
-8 here this morning, nice and white and crispy :cool:

Hmmm, real Winter :D
I don't mind the cold so much as I mind the endless gloomy wet at this back end of the year. It's a lovely day :D Even the Sun popped it's head through the misty stuff for a bit :D
Supposedly it's not to last though, and we're due warm and wet from the South.
Doesn't 'feel' like it though, iimmc.

atb,
M

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I don't mind warm and wet (Cornwall) or cold and dry. But cold and wet has been pretty miserable the past few weeks.

What a pleasure today to have thick frost and sunshine. We went for a 10 mile hike round and about, taking in the Mugdock park cafe enroute :)

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Only -6.5 here this morning but a bit of the white stuff has fallen.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 44

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Jealous, that is a proper winter morning. :)

One of the reasons for moving to this area :) 20 minutes of clearing snow from the gate, car, etc; then took my son and his mate, who was wearing shorts, to school as the bus didn't turn up.
Unfortunately it's not forecast to last.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE