2nd project - Every Svord needs a scabbard!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Soooo... thanks to Cowboy of this parish I got hold of some veg tan oddments as a freebie with a trade, they were small but I had to find a project to suit. Here it is - my second sheath, as I didn't have enough to make an integral belt loop from the one piece I improvised with paracord. It's designed to hang either around the neck, or on a belt. It will hang upside down - but I think that's asking for trouble. I also designed it so I could stow my Gatco Tri-Seps sharpener on board. I'm still new at this and as it's my second any contstructive criticism is welcomed.

Svord in Sheath
DSC01784.JPG

Made for each other
DSC01785.JPG

Turn it around
DSC01786.JPG

Back - with Tri Seps
DSC01788.JPG

Showing belt loops with Tri-Seps installed
DSC01789.JPG

The full monty
DSC01790.JPG

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
2nd attempt?

The man's in league with Lucifer! No one should be that good at such an early stage of leather work! You make me sick.

Really REALLY clever belt loop design there combining the neck loop too. That method's going to be copied for sure. Well done Mike, I mean it, that's really well done!

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Nice work Mike thanks for showing us. Funny thing is that my 2nd sheath was also for my Svord Peasant! great knife, use it nearly everyday.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Well Cowboy very nicely traded me for the original - so I've had to start making another....

- as yet unfinished (just wet forming it but unwrapped the SVORD for the photo). This one is a belt sheath design - the angle is designed to mitigate the Svord prodding you in the gut when you bend over.

Will post up finished pics soon.

In the meantime - Crappy WIP piccy...
2012-01-07%25252022.52.14-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE