2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
Oatmeal made with milk powder and protein powder (the Myoplex chocolate flavour is quite nice but expensive) and a stick of butter should do breakfast.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I've booked an extra bag for food :)

I'm filling it with;
Homemade potato farls
Packet pasta meals
Spiced Cous-cous
Loads of malt loaf, some pre spread with butter
Mattessons sausages
Hard boiled eggs
Loads of dried fruit-bananas, raisins, ginger
Nuts
Couple of blocks of cheese
Bodybuiding powder
Plenty of milk powder-full fat and skimmed
Box of flapjack bars
Muesli bars
Plenty of choclolate with nuts
Tangfastics ( the best sweets in the world)

I'm going to get some food there too, hoping to pick up reindeer meat, reindeer salami, Gudbrandsdalen cheese and some fresh veg that will survive a freezing.

Thats breakfast sorted, don't know what I'm going to eat for dinner :D

Drillsergeant "What is the procedure in case of an emergency?"
We shout: "stay close to Teepee, he has food !!! :lmao:"

Sounds real good mate. I have found cheese, dried sausage, hartkeks and nuts excellent on-the-go food on my backcountry skiing trips. For dinner some pasta, couscous, perhaps some canned meat and any animal I can get my hands on ;)

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1.wayland
2.teedee
3.tedw
4.Greg
5.teepee
6.JamesBentley
7.iceman81
8.I**C******
9.Chris the Cat
10.DUCKy
11.imagedude
12.Into_the_Wild​

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Sorry Skaus, but looks like your bad luck is my good - just been informed by Becky I've got a place on the Advanced course :D, so I'm looking forward to joining the rest of you guys in the snow. Like Into_the_Wild, I now need to get my act together with kit, flights, food and everything really, so I'll be trawling the forum and seeking your advice. Whoo-hoo, excited now!

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Welcome aboard Tedw!

I hope it is not a prerequisite to have your act together to go on this course, or I will have to cancel as well ;)
Only joking, glad you are joining in the fun! Hope to see you in the snow.

Lennart

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Welcome along Ted :)

I look forward to meeting you.

Theres a pre- meet going on for us on the arctic course in a couple of weeks at rough close, have a look at the meets section and see if you fancy coming along.

Pete.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Just checking out the flights. Norwegian is fine for getting back (except for the price - ouch!) but not for getting out in time without hanging around Bardufoss for a day. Any advice?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A few of us will be hanging around either side Ted, you won't be alone.

I'm arriving the 8th and leaving the 18th to save some airfare and get more time there.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Just checking out the flights. Norwegian is fine for getting back (except for the price - ouch!) but not for getting out in time without hanging around Bardufoss for a day. Any advice?

I am overnighting in Oslo airport ( on the Saturday ),
First plane out to Bardufoss in the morning ( 9am, arrives 10.50 )
My best.
Chris.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Yep, looks like London to Oslo sometime on the 10th, Oslo to Bardufoss 0900 on the 11th and return Bardufoss-Oslo-London Gatwick at 1530 on the 16th. I'm coming out at about £410. Anyone found a better deal?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Yep, looks like London to Oslo sometime on the 10th, Oslo to Bardufoss 0900 on the 11th and return Bardufoss-Oslo-London Gatwick at 1530 on the 16th. I'm coming out at about £410. Anyone found a better deal?

Not me Ted, I'm about the same.
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE