2012 Arctic Courses. <<>> Discussion thread. <<>>

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody

Forager
Dear all,

Please note that on arrival at Bardufoss airport at 11:30 on the 11th we will be getting ourselves ready for the journey to the expedition location. The first part of this is a 40 minute bus journey and then the final part is an approximately 1 mile walk in, where you will be expected to carry your own pack (for those coming out early etc there will be a limited facility to transport any extra baggage...Note - LIMITED)

At the airport we will have plenty of time to get into the appropriate clothing if not already in it and we will have time to wait should any ones flight etc be delayed.

With this in mind though, please go through your kit and ask, is it on the kit list? do I REALLY need it? am I duplicating items? ..... if you come up with the answers No, No, yes ... leave it at home ... you will need to carry it! ...... and you will find that you CAN get by with out it ..... improvise .... overcome, its what its all about : )

See you in the freezer!

Woody​

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Dear All
To all those who will not be at the airport there is an alternative RV Point. Woody and the team will meet you at the following Co ordinates as per the map attached.This is where the transports drops everyone who met at the airport off and you will then walk together towards the camp.

69 deg 00' 27" N
10 deg 16' 31" E

Please be at the alternative RV by 1530 if you are coming to this one
Please also let Woody know if you decide to meet at this point beforehand. I will be sending out his contact number shortly

Regards
Becky

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Where's the expedition info hidden?

I seriously could pack my car and attend, paying all the fees etc.
If any of the organizers could PM me this I would be grateful.

Are the slots full or can late bozos also join?

The 13th you say. Tueday next week? :confused:

Sorry for noob questions. First time I've read the thread... :p

- - - - - -

You guys need to take a serious amount of pictures!

:)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Ivanhoe, I think there is a vacancy as a few people have had to drop out. You will find the main thread in the Expedition forum. The course starts on Sunday morning. If you attend can you bring five litres of unleaded petrol.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
mad0137.gif
Dammit. That was close. I would have needed to pack my
stuff this morning and be on my way at noon for this to work.

The thing is I've talked alot with a friend of mine abuot joining
exactly this type of course in northern Norway or Sweden.

Seriously, had I read this two days earlier I'd have time for all
arrangements...
indifferent0012.gif

It would have been great to meet Imagedude, Chris the Cat
and all the rest of the students. And even the filthyrichoilsheik
norwegian staff! :rolleyes:

Have a gret time up there, lads!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE