2 Person Tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nelly

Mar 4, 2010
Brechin
It's a bit vague....but...I'm after a 2 person tent for hillwalking or just throwing in the back of the car.

I have a large vango 4 person tent at the moment for week long camping but I'm not hauling it into the wilderness if I fancy an overnighter in the hills!

Something sturdy with a little porch for kit is ideal and £150 is my top limit.

I have looked at Coleman Phact, phad, cobra2 and vango banchee, mirage & tempest......there is very little between them.

Any help would be great

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I use a Vango Spectre 200, it has areas for kit at each end, you could fit a 35 litre pack in there no problem, heard you can cook in them but I wouldn't recommend it it's well vented so maybe.
Only downside to it is you have to top and tail.
I've had mine about 4 years now. never any problems and easy to put up and pack. 10 minutes once you get used to the tension band system.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Unless the other person you intend to share with is happy to be intimate, you should be looking at a 3 man IMO.
I have an AviorX3 which could do 2 with some room for kit too.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
You actually want to fit two people in there? And kit? Forget the Banshee 200 - speaks from personal experience :D No porch either.
I've recently bought the Vango Tempest 200 - two people (although 90% of the time it will just be me) and kit and porch! Maybe heavier than most at 2.8kg, but when I've been carting the 2.5kg Banshee about, the difference is insignificant (I tend to do 2-3 nights hike with full kit).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE