13. 14, 15 September. Steadhall wood (Burley Wood) between Otley and Ilkley'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

havercake lad

May 22, 2009
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Hi,

Laid up in bed with a trapped nerve (sciatica) for the past 4 days. Got fed up of watching bushcraft on utube. Have not been on this site for awhile thought time to catch up and found this thread. I live in Shipley and I am a scout leader in Saltaire, my type of scouting is old school the same as bushcraft and the kids love it. I mainly do my stuff at scout campsites but not many leaders are into bushcraft and simple camping. The last time I used my hammock was in Cambodia on a jungle trek last year was going to use it at the bushcraft show but because my son came up from London we used a tent.
I would love to come along and meet up with like minded people. But I am working this weekend on day shift which starts at 07:00 hrs but finish at 15:00 hrs. If I get a pass out from the boss could I nip up after work and visit and have a brew.

Niel

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Haha, put your name on the list. cos if your name is not on the list Rich wont know how much leather to bring.

Meet List:
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Copperhead
Chiseller , Sue and possibly Chiseller III
digitracker
flyfisher
Juggernaut
ADz-1983
Badger + 2 kids
Bluffer
Leedsbrew & Mrs (duration is still WIP)
Black Sheep
Bigbear

Leather List:
copper_head
ADz-1983
Chiseller
Badger (Maybe)

Couldnt see a leather list other then what copper_head started so have continued that :)

Hi,

Laid up in bed with a trapped nerve (sciatica) for the past 4 days. Got fed up of watching bushcraft on utube. Have not been on this site for awhile thought time to catch up and found this thread. I live in Shipley and I am a scout leader in Saltaire, my type of scouting is old school the same as bushcraft and the kids love it. I mainly do my stuff at scout campsites but not many leaders are into bushcraft and simple camping. The last time I used my hammock was in Cambodia on a jungle trek last year was going to use it at the bushcraft show but because my son came up from London we used a tent.
I would love to come along and meet up with like minded people. But I am working this weekend on day shift which starts at 07:00 hrs but finish at 15:00 hrs. If I get a pass out from the boss could I nip up after work and visit and have a brew.

Niel

Great, You would be more then welcome :)

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Not as far as Chis is concerned but Badger said he would like to participate, if work did not get in the way. So put him down as a maybe.

I was going from Chis previous post about him bringing own materials and since you said list was for Rich to know how much to bring I wasnt sure if name needed putting down or not.

Have edited now bud.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Well I wasnt really going to have a go at a sheath. Was just going to be a small holder for my electric cigs but to be honest the sheath that comes with my knife is a bit naff so would look much better if I had one I could say I made myself. I'm right handed bud.

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Well I wasnt really going to have a go at a sheath. Was just going to be a small holder for my electric cigs but to be honest the sheath that comes with my knife is a bit naff so would look much better if I had one I could say I made myself. I'm right handed bud.

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

Not a problem I'll bring a few extra bits so you can make a case.

Rich

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
For Blacksheep, if I cant make it could I get the cut leather blank by post once I'd paid.

Leather List:
copper_head - left handed
ADz-1983
Chiseller - Own materials
Badger (Maybe) right handed, I have an awl and needles and thread.

Ian, if I can make it could I bring my mate and his son as well. They are into there camping and I re-enact with him as well.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Grand, thanks.

Meet List:
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Copperhead
Chiseller , Sue and possibly Chiseller III
digitracker
flyfisher
Juggernaut
ADz-1983
Badger + 2 kids + extra Adult and son
Bluffer
Leedsbrew & Mrs (duration is still WIP)
Black Sheep
Bigbear

Leather List:
copper_head
ADz-1983
Chiseller
Badger (Maybe) right handed, I have an awl and needles and thread.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Not long now folks :)

Since its less then a week away can we maybe get a roll call of people as re-confirmation of meet attendance/participation in leather work?

Meet:
ADz-1983

Leather:
ADz-1983

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Hi. I live in Leeds centre. I wonder that if anyone can provide me transportation in your convenience if you leave from Leeds. Thank you very much.

Zheng

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Hi. I live in Leeds centre. I wonder that if anyone can provide me transportation in your convenience if you leave from Leeds. Thank you very much.

Zheng

Hi Tony,

I'm sure somebody will be able to help. In the alternative there is plenty of trains that go to Burley in Wharfedale station which is quite near to site, This is how I will be traveling there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE