13. 14, 15 September. Steadhall wood (Burley Wood) between Otley and Ilkley'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
From a google translate...

Confused.com

It's hardly rocket science to work out the jist of it. This is the English script.....

Zheng hao , I take it you have sorted your travelling problem ?
Couldn't help noticing the forum has not had the pleasure of an introduction from you as yet :(

Why not pop over and tell us something about yourself ? After all , you are expecting people to share their living space with you for the weekend . Thanks 

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Zheng hoa ge is TonyGe 's name. I was being polite addressing him by his proper name. There are many forms of Chinese dialect as there are English. I am hoping Zhang Hoa's translation is a bit more accurate than Google's lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Zheng hoa ge is TonyGe 's name. I was being polite addressing him by his proper name. There are many forms of Chinese dialect as there are English. I am hoping Zhang Hoa's translation is a bit more accurate than Google's lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ahh I see :D

Yeah Chinese/Mandarin etc is not one of Googles strong points.

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
wow..I'm getting confused. Never trust Google translate for chinese. hah :) My name is Zheng Hao Ge. You can call me either Zheng or Tony which is my English name. I have graduated from leeds uin for 2 years and do bushcraft for 1 year. It's the first time for me to attend meet. (I usually do bushcraft with Rob (aka woof) or alone). Looking forward to see ppl there. Chiseller , Yes I think I will go there by train. Thanks.

Zheng

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm going to try and join you for a brew or two on Saturday afternoon Ian, just need to juggle some stuff around first

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Ah , very good , you should enjoy the meet. Dont forget some gloves for the working part. It will be rewarding to see the wood transformed and feel a part of it.
Something different to tell your folks when you go home . Do you live in rural China ? Or urban ? I bet you have some traditional knowledge/skills to share with others. Enjoy it.

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Thank you Chiseleer. I will bring my gloves. I live in urban-Shanghai. I think I can tell sth about China if ppl are interested in it. Plus, I will bring some Chinese tea and share with you guys.

Zheng
Ah , very good , you should enjoy the meet. Dont forget some gloves for the working part. It will be rewarding to see the wood transformed and feel a part of it.
Something different to tell your folks when you go home . Do you live in rural China ? Or urban ? I bet you have some traditional knowledge/skills to share with others. Enjoy it.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
Ian your pm box is full.
Sorry for late reply, I have just got home from holidays, I will be there this weekend with flyfisher, unfortunately he is on day shift so my lift is screwed as well. I can get a lift in myself, but it means I have to be at the meet between 8am and 9am on friday, will this create a problem reference access. I have also acquired a couple of copies of survival advantage by Andrew Lane which is the replacement handbook for the sas survival guide used by hm forces, I thought I would donate them as prizes for the leather sewing and map reading courses if that would be ok.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
So confirmed list so far is...

Meet:
ADz-1983
bigbear
Bluffer TBC (daytrip Sun)
Badger74 + 2 kids + guest and son
SimonM
Tonyge
Johnnyboy1971

Leather:
ADz-1983 (right)
Badger74 (right)
Simon

What's the earliest arrival time on Friday.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Don't forget me.......

Rich

So confirmed list so far is...

Meet:
ADz-1983
bigbear
Bluffer TBC (daytrip Sun)
Badger74 + 2 kids + guest and son
SimonM
Tonyge
Johnnyboy1971
Black Sheep.

Leather:
ADz-1983 (right)
Badger74 (right)
Simon

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
The list so far, for the second time is;-

Meet List:
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Copperhead
digitracker
flyfisher
Juggernaut
ADz-1983
Badger + 2 kids + extra Adult and son
Bluffer TBC Sunday
Leedsbrew & Mrs (duration is still WIP)
Black Sheep
Bigbear
Tonyge
Simon M
Johnnyboy1971
Shewie Sat only

Leather List:
copper_head
ADz-1983
Badger (Maybe) right handed, I have an awl and needles
Simon M

That is very generous of you Tony.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Inbox now cleared( I really will have to get full membership. You get a bigger inbox that way.) Adam do you see what I mean about having 2 participant lists. It gets very confusing.

That is very kind of you Tony.

Last edited:

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Hi folks
May I ask how to you store food during the meet. I mean meat if it can't be stored in the fridge. Cheers

Zheng

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Hi folks
May I ask how to you store food during the meet. I mean meat if it can't be stored in the fridge. Cheers

Zheng

Well you could bring a cooler bag/ box or put sealed packet in bag in stream which would also keep it cool until ready to use.

However leaving it in shade should also be ok.

What meat is it?

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE