13. 14, 15 September. Steadhall wood (Burley Wood) between Otley and Ilkley'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
There will be a leatherworking and navigatioal skills tutorial over the weekend. There will probably be a materials charge for the leatherworking tutorial ( you do not want the leather giving free , as well, do you)You may have to bring maps,pencils,paper and a compass as well for the navigational course.

One thing that no one mentioned to me, was the abundance of rabbits on the site. The farmer does not mind us taking ONE for a communal meal. But he does not want them decimating. Actually this can be another rule. (told you there may be more to come.

See you all in Sept.

Last edited:

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Hi Folks,

As Ian has mentioned I've offered to do a basic leather work tutorial - maybe make a sheath similar to the one's below?

These will fit most Bushcraft style knives from Mora Clippers to Woodies.

Dependent on numbers (Ian and myself have a limited amount of tools between us), I'll cut out the basic outline of the sheaths for folks to trim, groove and stitch together, dye and if we have time wet form. Cost would be £10 to cover materials.

If your interested in having a go please start a list below.

Or if you'd like to have a go at making something else other than a sheath drop me a PM and we'll see what I can do?

Richard

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yes please for the sheath making :), don't know if it makes any difference in the prep work but I'd like to make a left handed one if possible?

1 - Copper_head LH

Last edited:

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
As mentioned above I will run a navigation session over the weekend at some point, if you want to come along and can bring a compass and a map of the area that will help but it's by no means essential, I am sure we can share stuff to include anyone who is interested.
Bigbear

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
Due to the usual work/family commitments, I'm probably able to attend mid-day Sat-Sun only.

Hopefully enough time to take in the atmosphere and meet a few peeps, feel free to reserve any mucky tasks for me as a penalty for late arrival!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I may be interested in some guidence .....could do with making a sheath for my brush hook. I've my own materials bar thread.....which I could use dental floss for.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Why not. Surely it is not that you don't think you can do it. I am 60 and I watch Youtube a lot. I can get by now. /nowhere near as good as Rich. Have a go. You would be surprised at what you can do.
If you don't want a sheath, bring an old belt along and reuse the buckle. I have some stamping tools that you can borrow.

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Why not. Surely it is not that you don't think you can do it. I am 60 and I watch Youtube a lot. I can get by now. /nowhere near as good as Rich. Have a go. You would be surprised at what you can do.
If you don't want a sheath, bring an old belt along and reuse the buckle. I have some stamping tools that you can borrow.

Its not that bud, Its just that there isn't really anything I need leather wise. I may have opted for a tobacco pouch while back but I'm on electric cigs now and cant see me going back to cigs/rollups again.

[edit] On another note, My Sil-MiniPeak arrived today so I'll be a ground dwelling this time. :)

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You could make a nice leather slip for your e-cig ......that would be different ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE