10cm Zebra billy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
Does anyone know where you can still purchase a 10Cm billy? I've found a couple of retailers that advertise them but no one seems to currently have any stock?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are only a pot and over priced for what they are so don't worry about finding one, there are lots of alternatives; the 10cm one is only really good enough for making a brew.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
They are only a pot and over priced for what they are so don't worry about finding one, there are lots of alternatives; the 10cm one is only really good enough for making a brew.
Ditto what Rik said, the 10cm is no bigger than a big mug. If you like eating, get something bigger would be my advice!

Simon

chutes

Banned
May 6, 2012
Australia
Traditionally, Aussie billies have been made out of discarded (and flat sided) food tins. Add a wire bail handle and you're good to go.

That's a potential cottage industry waiting to happen. Even here in Aus it's difficult to find suitable tins.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I treated myself(well my kids did) to a couple zebra billies last year, a 12cm i use a lot, & a 14cm i've never used, but before that always made my own from tea/sugarcoffee caddys i got from charity shops.

Rob

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I've a 12cm Zebra, but even that I find a bit small and tall for cooking with. I got a Tatonka 1.6L pan with a lid that has lower sides, bigger capacity and still fits in the PLCE pocket of my pack. I can also fit my gas stove and cutlery in it.

For brew ups and say a one person boil in the bag type meal, I can't see how a 10cm billy would be better than a Crusader cup and lid, which is what I use in conjunction with the above pot. My Zebra still comes out if I do trips with my son.

cheers
Gareth

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Perhaps the guy just wanted a 10cm zebra billy can:confused:

What ! youre not allowed to make up your own mind up, we have to do it for you & get you to spend twice as much as you originaly budgeted for !. And after you have 15 different sizes of billy cans you need to get a custom made backpack to carry them, then you need to buy....

Rob

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
just too clear up the confusion, I already have 2 metal crusader cook pots, in order to be able to cook for a small group I recently bought a 12cm and 16cm Zebra pot which regardless of price was very impressed with so just wanted to add the smaller 10cm to my collection. As always just one set of kit doesn't always seem to be a perfect match for every activity so I think I've ended up with a sensible selection able to accommodate most circumstances

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE