Wild Food & Foraging Books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Good Day

Wild Food /Foraging Books

Would someone be so kind as to point out or recommend some top books (pocket size would be amazing) with good illustration/photo quality. I’m really struggling in this area and there are so many books out there, my head is hurting with choice. I’m looking for a book that manly concentrates in the U.K and possibly Europe with good quality detail.
So many times have I come across something that I thought might be…………………??? but decided to stay away because I was not quite sure. I always remember if in doubt keep out.

Look forward for all your recommendations

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
I'm with Nove and Pinky on Food for Free. Only thing I find is that the pocket size (Collins Gem) verison print is very small. I have the standard size version (with drawings not photos) and that is much better, about 8" by 4" approx so still very portable. If you order it online there is also a photo illustrated version. A friend of mine has that and I thought the photos in that weren;t as clear as the drawings.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
can vouch for both the food for free book, hugh fearnly whittenstalls (sp) Hedgerow book and uncle Rays Wild Food book. However, for a good "portable" tome, i dont think you can go wrong with food for free. Im sure you'll be happy with your purchases...

Although nothing like pocket sized I have to say 'The Foragers Handbook' by Miles Irving is brilliant. Very informative and with a good field guide you could do a lot worse. Have the River Cottage ones too and they're pretty good too.

Everything is emerging now so its time my books got an airing!

Leo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE