Ultimate bushcraft sin!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Today we have had a really good day out and got talking and the subject, what is the ultimate bushcraft sin, our youngest member was asked to keep an eye on the fire :campfire:and he let it go out even though there was plenty of dry wood, reason not paying attention:hammock:

What about you fellow "crafters of the bush" feel this is the ultimate sin or do you know of some thing else which could make our blood run cold!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha..........

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Ultimate sin? Leaving a messy campsite or destroying what you've come to enjoy.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Greed, people that don't respect the woods and dont think about other people ie taking too much from one resource like when iv seen people walking back with bags full of chestnuts for me to then find there's non left

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
For me it's either taking advantage of what others are doing and not giving back(cutting/splitting firewood)
Or not refilling the communal kettle when you empty it.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
For me it's either taking advantage of what others are doing and not giving back(cutting/splitting firewood)
Or not refilling the communal kettle when you empty it.
Hear hear. That really gets my goat.

Fire going out I'd just an excuse to start it again. Good way to learn is let the little chap have to start it. And once isn't a sin, twice is inconsiderate, a third time is a sin.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What's wrong with having stuff on the outside of your pack? Is it somethimg to do with the fashion police? Why would the way someone else goes about upset anybody? Is long hair alright? Is the pope an argentinian?
atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Thanks for that, Teepee, there's some amusing stuff on that thread; I find it reassuring that not everyone on the forum is as silly, childish and utterly immature as me.............atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE