Only in California

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
My William Lennon Canadian Army boots had a quick breaking in period of alternate daily wear and application of my favorite boot proofing. A set of 6’ leather laces replaced the shorter ( but adequate) factory laces.
Our series of brutal storms over, record snowpack and replenished reservoirs to relieve the long drought. We have warming weather.
Let’s hike!
A hiking friend drives us up to the park where the old M. A. S, H. Set
Was located and the crash site that took basketball star Kobe Bryant.
Early. But a cautious eye out for our rattlesnakes and ( insert stream of consciousness profane
Shock. ) I step on what looks like
A giant rubber pipe across a trail hemmed by chaparral. Only it SMELLS and a very aggressive black constrictor hissing like a Harry Potter nightmare starts coiling on my leg!
I was being chided for my Terava Skrama earlier by my SAK companions.
Chop! And Chop again. We pull the two ends out. 7’ 9” of a released exotic pet eating everything within sight ( or heat sensors) Rangers show up; shocked as I am but great full this unknown menace dispatched.
Brit boots, Finnish steel and a bit of Kendall’s mint cake to restore my equilibrium. All on Good Friday.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Did it make the local papers? Baffled backpacker battles belligerent behemoth basilisk
boa?
bloody big blade.

I am wondering which aspect could only happen in California and not in, say, Florida. Maybe Florida pythons are too warm to be sluggishly lying across trails waiting to be trodden on?

quite the hiking story! Love to know what the “SAK is all you need” companions thought of this.

Reactions: Kadushu

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
No photos, it was to gory, and I despise those ‘ mighty hunter with small member poses with record
Elk bull removed from gene pool’ photos.
Ranger didn’t want to scare people off with publicity.
Exotic animals released are a serious problem.
I normally don’t carry the Skrama on a day hike. It was already lashed to my rucksack. I pulled it out like that nutter Mel Gibson ( sans blue cow dung on my face) in Bravefart while my companions were panicking. We’ve had more than one exotic collector found dead from venomous or huge python ‘pets’
Boots are superb. I also got comments from an ultralight hiker in these ballet slippers in dayglo colours on them.
I’m thinking ‘ it’s my feet, my back
and I can still outwalk you precious.’
Hiking solo can be dangerous. Hiking in groups reminds you
What you’re trying to escape!

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
boa?
bloody big blade.

I am wondering which aspect could only happen in California and not in, say, Florida. Maybe Florida pythons are too warm to be sluggishly lying across trails waiting to be trodden on?

quite the hiking story! Love to know what the “SAK is all you need” companions thought of this.
Right! BOA!

Baffled backpacker battles belligerent behemoth boa with bloody big blade.

Subtitle: SAK snobs seek safety from escaped serpent strangling Skrama swinging Scot.

FREEEEDOMMMM!!!

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Actually Irish. Mel Gibson lives in nearby Malibu. For a guy who’s family moved to Australia, returned
When Hollywierd called he’s a member of a French based Catholic splinter group and goes off about the brits brutalizing his
Celtic ancestors ( when not drunk screaming anti Semitic slurs at policemen.) I was in a group at a seaside hamburger joint talking to him. Friendly, but I made the mistake explaining the Irish Gallowglass were paid to fight for Edward Longshanks in that battle without the minor detail of a bridge.
He tried this weird stare down and finally blinked when I didn’t. Snakes and Celebrities take your chances with both.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE