1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North east bushcraft woodland areas

Discussion in 'Out and About' started by Jamie Vickery, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Jamie Vickery

I'm wondering if people know great spots to practise bushcraft but also have overnighters. i have my normal places to go but want to discover new places.

2. Madriverrob

Madriverrob Native

People tend to keep there special places to themselves as they are exactly that ‘special’ .

In general terms , the North Yorkshire Coast has some great coastal locations , depends where you are in the North East ?

Brockwell wood ( wild campsite) is a good option if you are close to Newcastle .

cascare likes this.
  3. Insel Affen

Insel Affen Settler

You could also think of some of the big forests, like Kielder or Hamsterley. You should be OK to camp, just not light fires.

Madriverrob likes this.
  4. MikeeMiracle

MikeeMiracle Full Member

Google maps using the satelite view is your friend here, that's how I find almost all of the places I visit....

....is also unfortunately showed me that I live in the wrong part of the country with only a handful of suitable locations :(

5. Jamie Vickery

That's what I was thinking

6. Jamie Vickery

I'm near sunderland so close to Newcastle, some great areas near where i live, I'm wanting to look further afield for overnighters, something more secluded

7. Jamie Vickery

Never thought about that, I will have to find some spots via that, do you use this often or tend to stick to the same places?

8. MikeLA

MikeLA Full Member

For you location look along the A69 with google maps might find something there

9. Madriverrob

Madriverrob Native

Plenty of good locations along the Cleveland way route , maybe around roseberry topping or as the Cleveland way follows the coast down . Near me in Whitby the path runs along the cliff top with great locations close to the sea on one side and mixed wood locations on the inland side . Have a look , some great spots .....

10. MikeeMiracle

MikeeMiracle Full Member

Have only been wild camping for a year now so mainly the same places, all wood lands / forest. Getting tired of seeing just trees though so am looking to start going further afield. Going to Malvern Hills with a few work mates next month, mate found that on Google maps :)

11. Jamie Vickery

That's a good shout, i go down there a lot, i might have to scope some woodland out.

Madriverrob likes this.