North east bushcraft woodland areas

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
People tend to keep there special places to themselves as they are exactly that ‘special’ .

In general terms , the North Yorkshire Coast has some great coastal locations , depends where you are in the North East ?

Brockwell wood ( wild campsite) is a good option if you are close to Newcastle .

Reactions: cascare

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Google maps using the satelite view is your friend here, that's how I find almost all of the places I visit....

....is also unfortunately showed me that I live in the wrong part of the country with only a handful of suitable locations :(

People tend to keep there special places to themselves as they are exactly that ‘special’ .

In general terms , the North Yorkshire Coast has some great coastal locations , depends where you are in the North East ?

Brockwell wood ( wild campsite) is a good option if you are close to Newcastle .
I'm near sunderland so close to Newcastle, some great areas near where i live, I'm wanting to look further afield for overnighters, something more secluded

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Plenty of good locations along the Cleveland way route , maybe around roseberry topping or as the Cleveland way follows the coast down . Near me in Whitby the path runs along the cliff top with great locations close to the sea on one side and mixed wood locations on the inland side . Have a look , some great spots .....

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Never thought about that, I will have to find some spots via that, do you use this often or tend to stick to the same places?
Have only been wild camping for a year now so mainly the same places, all wood lands / forest. Getting tired of seeing just trees though so am looking to start going further afield. Going to Malvern Hills with a few work mates next month, mate found that on Google maps :)

Plenty of good locations along the Cleveland way route , maybe around roseberry topping or as the Cleveland way follows the coast down . Near me in Whitby the path runs along the cliff top with great locations close to the sea on one side and mixed wood locations on the inland side . Have a look , some great spots .....
That's a good shout, i go down there a lot, i might have to scope some woodland out.

Reactions: Madriverrob