where did your username comefrom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Nowt to exciting here.

Used to be self employed, was my company name. Play on words for a plumbing/heating type bod.

Told you it was that exciting :D

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have had mine for about 5 years now & was first used on the AigunBBS, where I wanted a name that sort of sounded airgun ish/technical. I settled on this one, as I thought it sounded a bit like Pnumatic (as in PCP Airguns) & was fairly unique when I searched for other users with that name.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Mine come from what an old tai chi master always said when he taught. He was amazingly close to being like yoda - in height and power ha ha - but especially the way he spoke.

He would always say "when opponent come he try to make you big trouble but you must listen clear, you be soft and make him big trouble".

What a guy! He even said "use the force" once but in fairness he was talking about an attackers on comming force - i still loved it though.

Great topic by the way drew - nice one

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Well I needed a name for a computer game and couldn't think of anything so I looked beside me on the wall and there's some Australian aboriginal art there by someone by the name of Gabriella Possum. Then I walked around a bit looking for anything that might sound ok, and there was a video game I had rented call Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 (I was younger at the time) and so I put it together, Ty Possum. Only problem was that on that game, ty usually means thank you, so I added an e on the end and there you go, Tye Possum. Been using it for years.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
many years ago my friends called me that due to my obvious enjoyment of walking in mountain ranges. I guess it's better than swims like a rock, which also accurately describes my swimming ability.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Folks call me Al, but I've no chance of getting that as a username on any forum so I use the sail emblem/number of my boat.

al21-wykeham-1.jpg

Al

outpost31

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2009
scotland
from the john carpenter remake of the thing ["those crazy swedes blew it up"....."they're norwegian mack"]

Last edited:

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
A few years ago I was off to Orkney and set up a hotmail account so I could keep in touch with my dad who wasn't very well. I could't get it to accept any of my choices without a number, which I hated. I eventually use Greyduster which is my favourite trout fly. I have been through several 'Grey' identities but have finally settled on 'Greywolf'.

So why 'Grayfox'? he first time I logged into a Bushcraft forum Greywolf, Graywolf and Greyfox had all gone so I chose Grayfox, so I use that as my bush identity.

I am very new to the 'bushcraft' world but started out as a scout (with a proper hat) about 45 years ago and have always been an outdoor person.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Mine comes from the first 'proper' wild fungi I ever ate. My other web-username Hedgehogpie, which crops up elsewhere is also a pun on my foraging habits.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
mine comes from the manual for a mac desktop computer - it was in front of me when i joined britishblades.com - just so happens that my surname is mckenzie and mac was a nickname i had briefly - sadly it never stuck!

andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE