Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Well since Cromm pointed me in the direction of this thread I thought I'd add my bit....

Years ago I shot recurve and dabbled with compound bows and then family came along so I sold all my gear. Years later my daughter found she had a knack for archery and did a few basic courses she did her beginners course at our local archery club. She mainly shoots recurve but was loaned a junior longbow from a friend of mine (18# @ 24") and owns a purple Mongolian.

After standing around watching for a while I ended up joining the club. I shot club recurves for a while and then bought myself a Viper Deluxe 68" flatbow (30#) made my arrows etc' and shot bare bow. I've also just bought a Samick Spirit 2 takedown bow with the intention of having a go a field archery.

I've made arrows from POC, made tabs, bracers and quivers. Just enjoying getting back into archery.

Rich

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Cool stuff Black Sheep, nice quiver you made also. I love field archery. Ozzy I have always gone along with whatever my bow weight was and add a zero on the end, so my 52lb bow shoots 520gr arrows.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Black Sheep go for it.. field archery is the best, its a shame your not closer, Cromm, Ozzy and I all are members of a very good club :).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Cool stuff Black Sheep, nice quiver you made also. I love field archery. Ozzy I have always gone along with whatever my bow weight was and add a zero on the end, so my 52lb bow shoots 520gr arrows.

its sounds like I need to weigh my arrows........

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I only did it because I found my scales and was interested and got lucky as 5 of the 12 were exactly the same weight, the rest were +/- 15 grains

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just checked with Del..

The Three Stoges are Booked on to the Shoot on Sunday.. Thank you for that Steve :)....

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Been playing with different quiver types and re visiting some old ones. I may use this one at the weekend shoot.

Attachments

• QuiverBag001.jpeg
    QuiverBag001.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 12
  • QuiverBag012.jpeg
    QuiverBag012.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 17

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
NFAS field archery in Aberystwyth with woods near Machynlleth.

I shoot an SF Forged+ riser with bamboo/glass limbs at 68" and 36lb, shooting 1916 Easton Jazz. I've been at it about six months now and am getting better, personalising the kit as my standard improves.

I had the chance to try out a compound unlimited on Wednesday. Fun. Tempting.

One of my daughters enjoys it so I have a Win and Win for her at about 26lb and will be making up some wooden arrows for her shortly.

Like I needed an excuse to spend more time in the woods !

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Had a great shoot today at Oakwood with Chris and Steve, thanks for the loan of the Great Northern lil'creep Steve, its a nice bow to use.. :), well chuffed with a 628 Score... getting better :).

Arrows performed well, shame I lost 2... :).

DSCN0031.jpgDSCN0032.jpgDSCN0035.jpgDSCN0037.jpgDSCN0044.jpgDSCN0045.jpgDSCN0046.jpgDSCN0049.jpgDSCN0050.jpgDSCN0051.jpgDSCN0051.jpgDSCN0047.jpgDSCN0041.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE