Cook kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Problem with Titanium is its just about the worst metal you could use for cooking pots..."

I have a few titanium sets and yes they are not so good for 'real' cooking and they don't take impact damage well.

If I'm on a long distance path and weight is important I will use titanium, but I'm generally only warming up water for soups or pasta.
If I am travelling in rougher places where things are likely to be stolen or bashed about then I use a stainless billy and/or a crusader mug.

:)

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll get some pics of my cook kit tomorrow but it currently consists of ...

Terra Nova 900ml titanium pot, quite old but identical to this one .. linky
Bushbuddy Ultra (which nests perfectly in the pot) .. linky
Mini Bull Designs Mini Atomic 2 .. linky
4 or 8oz of pure methanol (depending on duration of trip)
LMF mini firesteel .. linky

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
I've made a pretty good wood gas burner out of a paint tin and a normal sized baked bean can, with some disposable bbq mesh. What I didn't get right was the pot stand on the top. A tuna can split down one side with some venting holes worked ok, but wasn't very stable to rest anything on. I eventually used a welded steal candle ornament I got from a pound store cut down to size, that worked very well, but probably doubled the weight of the whole thing. I kind of got fed up with having to keep feeding it with fuel, especially when there wasn't anything dry around to use. Funnily enough, a meths burner inside managed to get a secondary burn from the inner can air holes which was a result.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE