Your feet shape may be an indication of your heritage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Tracing my own family history back about half a millennia, which is as far as I've managed so far, I have strong Norse evidence on the Paternal side and Saxon/Frankish on the Maternal side.

I'm not seeing how that connects with Egyptian feet according to that diagram. I have my doubts somehow.

As Mary says, there is some evidence about bone structure that is supported by current archeology but I think it is a bit more involved than just the shape of your toes.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup with Toddy & Wayland on the studies into bone shape in feet being used in digs to try to ascertain heritage. Also any good boot fitter worth their salt will be able to tell you about typical foot shapes for certain countries, that's why certain lasts fit certain folks feet better, on of the closest shaped feet in proportions to the average British foot is the Japanese.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Always find it odd when people categorically state their ancestry, as it really depends on where or in this case when you stop looking.

There is strong evidence that we are all descendants from people that lived in what is now Africa.

There is the other nail in the coffin, the borders and invisible lines the divide countries just didn't exist if we go far back either.

Lastly, there has been so much interbreeding that genetic traits are barely perceivable, especially within Europeans.

Was talking to a well known Greek archaeologist a few weeks ago, he said he had seen enough evidence to believe that ancient Greeks were mainly blonde with blue eyes.
Being blonde with blue eyes he said i was likely more Greek than my Greek friend, which upset my dark haired, dark eyed Greek friend :lmao:

What upset him even more was when the archaeologist said that the typical Greek trait of dark hair, dark eyes and dark skin is as a result of the Turkish genetic influence.
For those that have never been to Greece, the Greeks were under Turkish occupation for many years, and Greeks take Turks in a similar regard as English to French only turned up to 11, so this was like a red rag to a bull for my Greek friend.

Still in Afghanistan you can find communities with lighter coloured hair and blue eyes, the theory being they are ancestors from when Alexander the greats troops came through.

The UK is even more a mix, when we say the Romans invaded this doesn't just mean that some folks from Italy rolled up, the Roman army was made of a massive array and mix of ethnicity.
No idea if there is documentation on who ethnic groups were involved in taking the UK, but it wouldn't superior me to read/hear that there were many Greeks, Spanish or even Arabic troops playing a bit of bom chikkiiiii boooowww wooowwww with the locals.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I'm a Greco-Romano Pharaoh who's unusual surname is traceable back to Norman origins hence I'm Scandinavian too. In fact I'm about 4 generations back from Swedish, Spanish, Irish, Welsh and American. Oh! Nearly forgot, my partner is convinced my coarse hair makes me a partial throwback to some black African input too. That could come from my very early American settler ancestors who had a close encounter with a slave girl. Or my Spanish origins had a liaison with a Moor before they got kicked out of the Iberian peninsula.

To put it simply like I am you're all mongrels too so whatever your foot shape says there'll be so much ancestry in you closer to modern times to make those limited groupings less of an impact. Or in other words that foot thing is balderdash, as put down there. Whatever would it mean if you're an aboriginal from Australia or Maori from NZ and you've got Celtic foot shape?

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I'm Celtic, and I know that my family came from Spain many centuries ago. The problem with that foot shape is that it's prone to arthritis because the joints tend to over-flex.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE